Author Topic: Still stranded ... Have I missed any updates?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Menthol

Still stranded ... Have I missed any updates?
« on: June 06, 2020, 00:50:19 AM »
Jav and I came here to the UK on the 2nd March to look after our business whilst our three kids went on an elaborate birthday celebration to Los Angeles for my daughter's 30th.

We've been stuck here ever since.

Very lucky to have good health and be looked after by our aforementioned children, but wondering when Turkey will start to accept direct flights from the UK.

I know many of the airlines will allow you to book but there's not much point if your flight never leaves the runway. There's a lot of conflicting information out and about and I wondered if anyone had information from an official Turkish government source as to when flights from the UK will be allowed.

I've read loads of stuff, a lot of it conflicting, so am looking for official information if there is any. Our home in Ovacik beckons.
Thanks in advance.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline lissa

Re: Still stranded ... Have I missed any updates?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:43:54 AM »
Unfortunately no news yet and the U.K. Was not on the list of countries allowed in during June. Rumours abound about flights being allowed in July, but until an official announcement is made, not much point speculating. There is a meeting on Monday to discuss the curfew on under 18s and over 65s, so if anything is discussed about flights, perhaps announcement mad moday evening.

Offline Menthol

Re: Still stranded ... Have I missed any updates?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 17:31:43 PM »
Cheers guys. Just asked in case I had missed anything.

Thanks again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf