Author Topic: The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread  (Read 63014 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 15:50:37 PM »
after a slightly bumpy start (a not trustworthy agent who turned out to work from her pension) we done a runner and bought from tracey premier estates in 2003 no problems this time great lady,kept us in touch all the way through our wait for the tapu the phone calls i made must have sent her mad but she kept me calm

Offline kentish maid

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 16:47:25 PM »
Good post idea.  We bought from Hanel in October 2003 and very easily part exchanged that small villa with Infinity for our present property in Kemer in May 2005 and have no regrets at all.  We just wish we could spend longer in it!  Also purchased some land in Sarigerme in 2004 and just waiting for the golf course(s) to emerge!!

Offline dinger

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 17:10:38 PM »
We bought our villa in Uzumlu direct from Manzara Construction in 2006 and got the Tapu without any problem. Any issues were dealt with without any hassle. We are moving permanently in 5 weeks time.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 17:50:31 PM »
The scariest and best thing we ever did!  We bought through Cenk and Olga in 2004 and love coming over now!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 18:09:40 PM »
We bought in Telmessos over 5 years ago through Lagoon Estates in Fethiye and have never looked back, after two years we sold and bought an duplex apartment off Plan, again with Lagoon Estates and again a superb service from start to finish.
We are now in a situation where we are ready to move over permanantly
in the next month or so and will be buying a permanent residence
which will probably be bought through Lagoon, Turkey Property Centre
or through Cenk and Olga at Interturk Estates in Calis, I know all these people very well and would put every trust in them to do a professional honest job in finding me a new home.

Tinx 8) ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 20:38:36 PM »
We bought 4 years ago from Keith (when he was with Taurean)and had no problems at all:D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 20:39:53 PM by Anne »

Offline JacM

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 21:18:55 PM »
We bought on a whim in 2006 after a couple of happy holidays in Calis.

Despite our anxieties everything went smoothly and we certainly haven't regretted it, only that we can't spend more time in our appartment

Jac

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 21:26:56 PM »
We bought our apartment in 2005, which was a time when estate agents were saying you did not need a solicitor. However we ignored them and had our own UK solicitor. Our reason for doing so was not out of suspicion or any specific concern but really one based on common sense.
The process was a bit slow and we made staged payments. We would happily use the same solicitor and agent again (Keith). We were very pleased with the specification of the apartment. Some minor snagging was needed - this was also done a bit slowly but it was done.
The  geographical distance and unfamilarity of Turkish systems can play tricks with your mind but once we accepted that Turkish people will get things done but in their own time most of our worries went away.
The only area we would do differently is to insist on a more realistic Tapu valuation for tax purposes as it was a bit low.
Buying our apartment in Turkey has been one of the most rewarding things we have done. We would do it again. We always recommend to people who ask us, that they get their own solicitor and they only use agents who are tried and trusted.
We have met some very trustworthy Turkish people and no one who has ripped us off - save one shop where were charged rather too much for kitchen items and another for postcards! Needless to say we now go to other shops for these items. Put it another way if our biggest trauma was only paying double for post card and spice jars then we can honestly say that we have found Fethiye/Calis a good and agreeable place to conduct business.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 22:59:57 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline chewyturk

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 23:41:30 PM »
Bought ours in 2007. Direct from builder, no agents no solicitors etc. Got the Tapu more-or-less straight away (we only paid 10%, remaining 90% when Tapu was delivered in our name at the Noter office) -Very happy with our new life in the sun.
Must say, would not have been so easy if the missus wasn't Turkish !!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 06:34:25 AM »
Bought over five years ago. No expat neighbours, only Turkish and are very happy with this,their genuine friendliness is amazing.  Our standard of living far exceeds anything we could expect in the UK.  Sometimes dealing with bureaucracy can be a bit difficult but there is always someone ready to help.  Imagine The problems a non English speaking Turk would have with a government department in East Cheam!:D  We do not have a single regret and would only return to the UK kicking and screaming in a straight jacket.  Buying a property was so easy and fast it was almost unbelievable.  Add us to the happy list!! :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf