Author Topic: turkey or spain?  (Read 2863 times)

Offline tintin

turkey or spain?
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 11:52:54 AM »
Hi Patsy
I agree with Teresa totally once I'd been to Turkey I fell in love with the place, and also enjoy the basic way of life they have, they don't seem at all materialistic which is great. I think you have to go with what feels right for you.
We put a deposit down on a villa without seeing it first because it felt right, now have our Tapu :D and no regrets (only that we can't move out just yet). I think you will find that others on this site have done the same, so that should tell you something.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Tina

Offline Doug and Lynne

turkey or spain?
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 09:55:13 AM »
Hi Patsy,
We bought a plot of land in Spain in January [which is meant to be the cheapest way of buying] and it is wonderful, its near a typical Spanish village near the coast/shops but far enough away from the tourists with sea views and it was a good price. We have been researching Spain and different area's for 18 months now and thought we had found the perfect place, until we started to look into Turkey that is. Yes the Spainish are friendly and the way of life better than the U.K but when you compare it to Turkey, Turkey wins hands down. Prices are going mad in Spain and we were really 5 years too late, to have a house built on our land would cost nearly as much as it would in the U.K whereas Turkey still has great property at great prices! Our main reasons for looking abroad was to be able to move permanently for a better way of life and to be mortgage free, we feel its right for us but at the end of the day you need to visit both to make up your mind and only you can decide.
Happy researching,
Doug and Lynne

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
turkey or spain?
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 16:00:09 PM »
Hi just got back from spain ugh the pits stayed with friends they are great , locals dont want to know unhelpful ignorant ,so many english unbeliveable food disgusting  and   expensive even got the friday ad  there now no thanks spain you can keep it [xx(].Turkey for me anytime great people great food good beer .

Lance  8):D

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
turkey or spain?
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 17:37:53 PM »

Hi Patsy,
I can only give you my opinion for what its worth, we went to Spain for years when the kids were younger and we loved it, but in recent years I think its changed, I don't think they have a very high opinion of the Brits(and we all know that in some instances you can't blame them), and they have built all these massive "urbanisations" where the English or Germans or whatever have their own shops and bars and restaurants (serving 'English' food) and you never hear a word of Spanish spoken, or experience Spanish culture.
Once we started going to Turkey we fell in love with it and its people,I would hate it to go anything like Spain. We are in the process of buying a house in Calis, but before we did we went back to Spain just to reassure ourselves that we were doing the right thing, we had a nice time but it wasn't Turkey for many of the reasons given by the other members of his forum. Whatever you decide I wish you good luck and lots of enjoyment of your new home.
Val

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
turkey or spain?
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 17:45:31 PM »
My simple answer for what its worth is this 8) 8)

For what you pay in Spain for a decent house/villa you can buy 2 in Turkey 1 to live in and one to hold on to and sell in a few years time  8)

Ron

Offline patsy

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 14:29:26 PM »
thank you all for your onfo,i think you have given me enough reasons to buy in TURKEY!

Offline colin

turkey or spain?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 10:52:57 AM »
HOLD THE BUS
if you want to know more about spain ask away,
despite what my profile might say i live in spain.
i have done so for ten years , at the moment i am in the process of moving to turkey , but there are certain things about spain in its favour.
these are 1 you can work legaly 2 its much easier to get back and forth easily to the uk 3 as its an eu country medical services can be obtained free and there are proberly other things to think about, so please do your research before jumping in.
as for many of us turkey is the purfect choice but not for every one,
know ive peed on your fire good luck
colin

Offline Tonya

turkey or spain?
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 11:02:56 AM »
You have such a way with words Colin LOL

Offline teresa321

turkey or spain?
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2004, 21:46:46 PM »
Daily Mail today reports a drop in visitors to Spain and they are lowering the prices of hotels to compete with places like Turkey.  It seems more people are buying property abroad.

So even if you are looking to go to Spain this year you may get a bargain.

Teresa

Offline Sinbad

turkey or spain?
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 13:33:41 PM »
Not a bad idea Teresa - one house in the UK, one in Turkey, one in Spain!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf