Author Topic: moving furniture BACK to the uk  (Read 5452 times)

Offline starman

moving furniture BACK to the uk
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 05:05:09 AM »
permanent import (kesin donus) can only be got with a document from the turkish consulate and one of you needs to be turkish although they stamp both passports.
Vergili is taxed and can still be kept here permanently but does not come in tax free.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 06:57:45 AM »
back to your original question, having just had a lot of problems in that direction myself, i think the best people to deal with it are the agents who brought your stuff over in the first place, they can deal with the customs involed. either that or ask starman nicely, he might help you, he knows what he is talking about.

Offline starman

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 21:14:33 PM »
I would agree with Stuart unless the people who brought your stuff over made a complete balls up of it.

Offline helga

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »
Originally posted by starman

I would agree with Stuart unless the people who brought your stuff over made a complete balls up of it.
Hi Starman, sorry to trouble you again but as stated previously you do seem to know the right stuff regarding transporting goods.
Could you please advise me of the `penalties` that will be applied if we do not take everything back with us?
Also what happens if you just `disappear` and leave the country? Which I pressume is what many people do as the amount of stuff that is for sale in the land of lights is quite amazing.
Also what happens if you were unfortunate enough to have had some of your goods stolen and therefore were not able to take everything back with you? I have asked these questions to the agent who shipped our stuff out and all they say is `you can`t do it` which is not an answer as far as I am concerned. Hope you can shed a bit of light on the subject

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »
Helga,

I have emailed you with a phone number of my mate who moved out to Uzumlu last year. He moved many of his possessions out there and is now moving them back to the UK as they have had to move back due to business commitments.

As he owns a removal company here in the UK he might be able to help as he obviously did all his own shipping and he has lots of experience with international shipping - especially to and from Turkey.

He's in Uzumlu at the moment having a well earned rest so I have given you his Turkish numbers. Let me know if you have problems contacting him and I will see if I can email him with your details.

Stu

Offline helga

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Helga,
Thanks for that you`re a star I will try and contact him, would you mind letting him know that I will be contacting him in case he thinks I`m some kind of a nut!!!

I have emailed you with a phone number of my mate who moved out to Uzumlu last year. He moved many of his possessions out there and is now moving them back to the UK as they have had to move back due to business commitments.

As he owns a removal company here in the UK he might be able to help as he obviously did all his own shipping and he has lots of experience with international shipping - especially to and from Turkey.

He's in Uzumlu at the moment having a well earned rest so I have given you his Turkish numbers. Let me know if you have problems contacting him and I will see if I can email him with your details.

Stu

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 12:03:47 PM »
I'll send him a message now.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »
I am just looking at figures at the moment for removals back to the Uk, it is not much but takes out the headache, I asked for a ball park figure and this is the rough quote back

quote:
self pack 20 foot container approx 3000 pds,

I am not too sure on the foot note in the email as they stated Spain.

quote:
Spanish Personal effects Service Only : Pricing Includes Insurance cover up to 50,000 pounds per consignment (Under 25,000 pounds no declaration required. Over 25,000 pounds we require a detailed list) All prices quoted are Inclusive of Vat or Iva unless otherwise stated.

This is on goods that have NOT been imported into Turkey.

Offline voyageur

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 15:31:42 PM »
You do realise that you can rent part of a container a 20 foot container is a lot of space, and a lot of money.
quote:
Originally posted by helga

quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Helga,
Thanks for that you`re a star I will try and contact him, would you mind letting him know that I will be contacting him in case he thinks I`m some kind of a nut!!!

Stu

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 15:32:26 PM by voyageur »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf