Author Topic: Open bank account  (Read 6317 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Open bank account
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 18:21:51 PM »
Hi ZiggyPop, because we were coming to live in Turkey and Nationwide wouldn't allow us to transfer funds from the Flex A/c via the internet, we opened an off-shore a/c with them and can now request transfers to Turkey via the internet with no problems. You DO need to advise them, in writing, of the full details of the bank a/c you wish to transfer TO (so you need to open your Turkish account and ask them to print off the details for you). You can only send funds to these pre-designated accounts. Cost £20 irrespective of the amount transferred. Transfers between your Flex a/c and off-shore a/c are no problem either.

Offline christygee

Open bank account
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 19:20:20 PM »
you will need turkish tax number,passport,utility bill from home in turkey or the uk.my friend opened an account last week..

Offline apollo

Open bank account
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
Rumour has it that there is a law either passed or passing through The Turkish Parliament that says you will need to have a residency permit to have a bank account here.

There will be a period of grace to allow you to get your residency. After that period of grace the account will be frozen.

As I said it is only a rumour. Maybe some-one can shed more light on the subject.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Open bank account
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »
That would make sense, they are cracking down on laundered money hence the change in getting a lot more personnal information in when opening ana ccount now.

Offline jinky

Open bank account
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »
one of ronnies customers at the irish bar fethiye tried to open an account last week,he went and got the tax number then went along to the finans bank and was told he needed residency.maybe the banker could give more advice on this subject.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Open bank account
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 12:14:54 PM »
What an excellent time to add hurdles preventing people investing their money in Turkey.

Offline SteveJ

Open bank account
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 12:21:15 PM »
I would have hoped that, if the rumour is true, then Banker would already have mentioned it in his numerous offers of help to set up accounts for people (me included).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Open bank account
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 12:29:35 PM »
I can't see it's true. A passport is as good (or as useless) as a residency for the fighting of money laundering. In these credit crunch times, banks need to attract every penny they can, especially from outside their country - this would be absolute madness.

Could be "expat expert" gossip, who knows it's happened before :D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Open bank account
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 13:00:02 PM »
I have just spoken to Alper ( the Banker) he is away from a pc at the moment. He said a residencey permit is not needed and he does not know of any plans to make it so. He will reply later when he is back in the bank
Mark

Offline banker

Open bank account
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 15:21:49 PM »
Thanks for your help Mark  :) As you explain to open a bank account we dont request your residency permit. The only thing necessary for the first step is pass copy and the tax number for me. I have also asked to authorities and they said banks can open an account without residency permit.
If I get any information different I will inform you.

Regards.

Alper

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf