Author Topic: English speaking Banks  (Read 6559 times)

Offline joannasal

English speaking Banks
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
I am with ing Bank and have had great service from both Melek and Ozge. Especially when you realise they have had to deal with time and weekend differences, and at one time i was jugglilng an Omani account, an English account and my Turkish accounts - not one mistake has been made since i joined them in January. Very happy with them.

I rejected HSBC due to terrible customer service and lack of help / interest in opening my account.

Offline corbindallas

English speaking Banks
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 16:49:16 PM »
I am with Fortis and have to say the service from Alper is faultless he responds promptly and sorts any questions/issues without delay in a area where you want and need confidence with your finances, he is able to assist and also beyond in other services (he assisted me when buying a new vehicle for instance translating my questions and sorting out payments from my account). I also have transferred 2 large sums of money via international money transfers from my UK account with Lloyds last week and a few months ago and they have charged a set fee of £35 per transaction and the handling agent in Turkey charges a further £12.50, this seems to be the cheapest way sterling to sterling and takes upto 3 working days from account to account. The fees vary on amount transferred but £35 covers any amount over £5000. Hope this helps.

Offline steveb1

English speaking Banks
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 17:11:41 PM »
The cheapest way i know sterling to sterling is to have an account at H s b c bank in the uk and turkey have been moving money £10,000 at a time for a £10 fee at the uk end the money was in my account in turkey the same day no fees turkey end
when i next go to calis i will move the money to Fortis as you say the service fom Alper is 1st class

Offline kevin b

English speaking Banks
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 17:29:06 PM »
I have been told by TEB that they do not charge to recieve sterling into your sterling account with them.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
English speaking Banks
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »
Finans TEB and Fortis have never charged me to transfer Sterling from the UK to my Sterling accounts here in Turkey but HSBC tried to charge me for "Turkish Bank Charges" which were never raised by the Turkish Banks.....they did not succeed!!!!

Offline The Crinklies

English speaking Banks
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 12:21:51 PM »
We were told at Teb that they do not charge for transfers of money from UK however, the last time that we did this we were charged £20.00 by them!

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
English speaking Banks
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 15:53:02 PM »
Hsbc UK,def only £10 per transaction to turkey!No charge for receipt into sterling account at Fortis.No charge to move it into tl account.Best service here from Alper,and top interest on high interest savings accounts.As Corbindallas says.Try before you buy,speak to Alper on any subject,any investment, superb service.

Offline imperialwizard

English speaking Banks
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 15:14:58 PM »
Just back home.Alper was superb..enormous help,and opening the account went so quick and smoothly compared to my previous attempts with another bank in Turkey.
Thanks again to this forum for recommendation..

Offline cathy h

English speaking Banks
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 11:13:53 AM »
Recently we were charged 30 GBP to transfer from HSBC UK to Garanti in Fethiye. And we're supposed to be Premier customers!
Cathy

Offline kevin b

English speaking Banks
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 15:06:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cathy h

Recently we were charged 30 GBP to transfer from HSBC UK to Garanti in Fethiye. And we're supposed to be Premier customers!
Cathy

Banks that recieve the money sometimes make a charge.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf