Author Topic: Annual Family Travel Insurance  (Read 5230 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Annual Family Travel Insurance
« on: April 15, 2009, 16:03:07 PM »
I'm sorry for not paying attention for 5 years, but I was thinking about annual travel insurance, now we are back in the UK.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Just basic family cover, I mean good cover but nothing like skiing or bunjee jumping  ;)

Also, when using these compare all insurance company websites like confused.com, is Turkey classed as Europe or Worldwide? :D

Thanks for any advice forthcoming. Or fifthcoming would do.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 16:06:59 PM »
Keith - I alternate between direct travel insurance and go insurance both are hard to beat and give decent levels of cover for the basic package.

Ian

Ps Turkey is classed as Europe with both of these and most others.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 16:07:52 PM by Ian »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 16:15:54 PM »
£10 million medical expenses, that's fantastic. What if you are in the Esnaf longer than a week though?  ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 16:26:17 PM »
Yup, we've used Direct travel in the past too.  Very good - but thankfully haven't had to put them to the test on claims.  Are you going on holiday then Scunner ?:D  watch it, they will have the borders patrolled  ;): :)

Offline BabaYard

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 16:41:09 PM »
Keith, we always use - www.travelinsuranceweb.com

We did have to make a claim last year as one of our party fell ill, and spent a couple of nights in the Esnaf - They paid up in full without any fuss. There is a 15% off sale on now too :D

I don't know, us bloody tourists eh?  ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 16:41:44 PM »
When back in the UK we used Sainsbury's or Tesco, they seemed to be the best value then but I don't know what they are like now.

Offline Eric

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 16:44:31 PM »
Just found this on their web;

Buy any family policy online between 5th February and 29th April and the kids go FREE!
Simply get a quote online for any Family policy and the price you pay will be the same as a Couple policy.
Single parent? Cover is available for one adult travelling with up to four children. You only pay the adult price and the kids go FREE!
New customers only

Sainsbury's medical cover is also £10 million but Tesco is £2 million
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 16:48:49 PM by Eric »

Offline spencer family

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 16:58:18 PM »
We use Halifax Bank Ultimate Reward Account for us as a couple, which is £12 per month, this is for Worldwide cover 31 day trip any one visit, it also covers mobile phone insurance, RAC and more (at home), but those are what we use as a couple, if we had children of school age they would also be covered for annual travel insurance, so we feel we get our moneys worth. Our daughter who is 20 uses direct travel for annual travel (europe) cost £17 per year, she first used them 2 years ago for one weeks insurance (cost £5!!) we had to claim as she was taken to the hospital in fethiye by ambulance from Olu Deniz(suspected pneumonia), luckily she was treated correctly we paid our money over and upon claiming back in England no problem at all money all returned minus the £50 excess, that was long winded but hopefully helps.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 17:43:20 PM »
We use the Lloyds bank free cover with the gold account. No charge if you keep over a certain amount in the bank.
Go to MSE - there are loads of deals on there.
Don't forget Quidco & the like - you might get LOTS of money back. - You REALLY need to talk to Crabbit - his post on here re Quidco saved me hundreds.
Thanks Crabbit - you ARE good for some things :-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 17:53:16 PM »
Crabbit? Quidco?

I just got a dishwasher with the money I got back through Quidco, and that's just in the time we've been living back here - Crabbit should be speaking to ME mwahahahaha/evil laugh etc

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf