Author Topic: Digiturk  (Read 11582 times)

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 19:55:09 PM »
here you go Diana
destek@digiturk.com.tr  :)

Offline geordieboy

Digiturk
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 05:24:01 AM »
Without wishing to sound fecicious or sarcastic,I can't for the life of me understand why everyone is getting cranked up over the loss of Hallmark.I thought it was a given that Dogiturk was total rubbish,over the years I've been here I've lost count of the number of people I've heard complaining about it.
I've also lost count of all the satellite packages that are supposed to deliver the goods,but at the end of the day fall flat on their faces.
Without wishing to sound supercillious the bottom line is bring a box out from the UK,get the right sized dish to run it,and live happy ever after. :).

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Digiturk
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 07:28:44 AM »
ROFL, thanks for that (I think), I am now going to get my dictionary.   ;)

Offline col

Digiturk
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 07:38:57 AM »
I don't think it's so much as being cranked up about losing hallmark, more a case of it's at least the second english channel lost in a year, with no replacment.
I also moan about Digiturk, especially the basic package, but the choice of english channels are now less and the cost goes up.

quote:
Originally posted by geordieboy

Without wishing to sound fecicious or sarcastic,I can't for the life of me understand why everyone is getting cranked up over the loss of Hallmark.I thought it was a given that Dogiturk was total rubbish,over the years I've been here I've lost count of the number of people I've heard complaining about it.
I've also lost count of all the satellite packages that are supposed to deliver the goods,but at the end of the day fall flat on their faces.
Without wishing to sound supercillious the bottom line is bring a box out from the UK,get the right sized dish to run it,and live happy ever after. :).

Offline Evie

Digiturk
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »
well to be honest we think SKY is a load of rubbish and get bored stiff with it when we go home. Most of it is repeats or silly game shows and the discovery channels are about 10 years out of date! Cant say that Digiturk is much better but at least we dont have to watch the CELEBRITY type shows! Sky sports is ace though and really miss those and the normal type channels ie BBC/ITV. Everyone to their own taste though so live and let live

Offline ronzeus

Digiturk
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »
So Evie,they should just accept an inferior service for more money ?

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Digiturk
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 14:41:22 PM »
A tip for anyone keeping Digiturk for a year, phone them up and agree to keep the package for a year for a discount, we save about 8 lira a month on the cinema pack.

Offline geordieboy

Digiturk
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 15:16:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Evie

well to be honest we think SKY is a load of rubbish and get bored stiff with it when we go home. Most of it is repeats or silly game shows and the discovery channels are about 10 years out of date! Cant say that Digiturk is much better but at least we dont have to watch the CELEBRITY type shows! Sky sports is ace though and really miss those and the normal type channels ie BBC/ITV. Everyone to their own taste though so live and let live

So Evie,Sky is a load of rubbish,Dogiturk is not much better,so what alternatives are there? The majority of Brits living out here logically wish to view English languaged programmes,apparently dogiturk do'nt have many of these,why should they,it is a Turkish station.
People must realise that when they subscribe to the service,they must know what they're going to get,so why complain about it.
By the way you DO'NT have to watch the CELEBRITY type shows,no one's holding a gun to your head to do so,just change channels.
You say you really miss the normal type channels ie BBC/ITV,I did say in my first post how you can recieve these in Turkey.
If you live on a complex with other Brits why not club together to buy the dish,you can run up to 12 feeds if you buy the LNB to do so. :)

Offline Evie

Digiturk
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 15:18:05 PM »
No thats why I want Hallmark back -we happen to like it. The service in UK was much more expensive for crap programs when we lived there but maybe it has gone down in price now - just saying its a choice.

Offline tylerbabe

Digiturk
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 15:45:21 PM »
Have just emailed them to complain :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf