Author Topic: Exchange rate in Fethiye Banks Today?  (Read 3611 times)

Offline vicandaitch

« on: June 04, 2009, 13:14:10 PM »
Does anyone know what the sterling to TL exchange rates Fethiye banks are offering today please?

I've got a significant amount of money to bring to Turkey soon but just trying to see how much better the rate is compared to the UK Post Office, which is offering 2.43 today.

I know the rate at the bottom of the forum is 2.55 but from what I gather this is generally higher than the rate I could expect to get from anywhere in Fethiye.

As the rates fluctuate up and down so much I'm wondering whether to edge my bets and change some now in the UK thus guaranteeing a reasonable rate and then change the rest when I get to Turkey, hoping that the rate continues to rise rather than fall.

Offline wickwilly

Exchange rate in Fethiye Banks Today?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 17:45:04 PM »
It was 2.48 at TEB this morning.You will find that you will usually get a higher rate here than in the UK.
WW

Offline vicandaitch

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 21:56:19 PM »
Thanks for the info WW, my dilema is that I'm not due in Turkey for another 10 days in which time the rate in Turkey could potentially have dropped below the 2.43 rate I can get today in the UK...

Decisions decisions......

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 23:34:19 PM »
The pound is getting stronger so the rate should get better you will always get a better rate in turkey than here

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:56:58 AM »
Vic-- I would think you would be safe to leave it till you get out there.  If it is going up at the moment it should be better by the time you get there.
Last year I had US dollar cheques after a trip to mexico.  I asked at the travel agent if I should change them to lira for my september holiday.  They advised me to keep them.  By september the rate had dropped by about .30.
I would have been better to have changed them in may.
I think the rate is usually better at the start of the season and goes down just before I go out in September.

Offline miaspyro

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 09:21:15 AM »
you can always bring sterling over and put in a sterling account, then transfer to turkish lira account over the internet, when the rate is at its highest.  Just a thought, the rate today is 2.46, yesterday it was 2.50, so it really does vary, but as a rule you get a better rate here than in uk.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:22:13 AM by miaspyro »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 11:41:21 AM »
The pound is now  falling particularly against the dollar and the Euro.
Reportedly due to the bickering,uncertainty and doubtful future in the Labour Party and is not expected to show much improvement until it gets sorted.

Offline vicandaitch

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »
Thanks for all the advice guys it's much appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf