Author Topic: Good information for best holiday money deals  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Good information for best holiday money deals
« on: July 08, 2009, 16:16:22 PM »
If you go to Martin Lewis's website.  He has a page all about holiday money, best deals, best debit/credit cards.  He also has a quick question and answer section you can click into if you are travelling within the next 4 weeks for the best money deals.
Go to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money#topcards

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 18:42:08 PM »
The best deals on offer are not as good as those you can get at the Banks or Dovis out here and some are abysmal. Don't use the Airports in Turkey though. :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 19:35:44 PM »
I think it's totally different if you are a resident of Turkey and the website does warn against Airport money.  This information is for U.K. residents travelling abroad.  However, the credit card with zero % for purchases when abroad is really good news, just in case you need to get something and you don't have the cash with you.  Also the information about Nationwide Debit is priceless.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 20:55:46 PM »
I was not knocking Martins website.....I read it avidly and think it is brilliant.  I have mentioned it on this Forum in the past. However the fact that we may live in Turkey has got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you generally get a better rate here than those quoted.  Just wait and change here. Cover yourself for the first 24 hours if necessary :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 00:17:32 AM »
We find it best to take maybe £100 in YTL and the rest in £sterling. You can always get a good rate in resort. Even better if you have a Nationwide account as you get the REAL exchange rate (not the tourist rate) and there is no charge to take your money from the ATM.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 01:14:11 AM »
Just posted in an earlier thread. Got 2.45 from chappy at Mado ice cream parlour on prom and less than half hour later got 2.492 from ATM via Nationwide flex account debit card  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf