Author Topic: Kaya Koy to Karagozler Walk Monday 12th October  (Read 2511 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kaya Koy to Karagozler Walk Monday 12th October
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »
I'm going to arrange a walk from the Kaya Valley to the Boatyard at Karagozler for Monday 12th October, weather permitting. We'll meet at the starting point in the Kaya Valley at 2pm.

Dolmuses for Kaya Village and Gemiler Beach leave Fethiye on the hour from the area behind the big white mosque ( there is a half-hourly service at present but it will become less reliable as the season comes to an end ) and pass the Otogar and continue along Oludeniz Cad. through Deliktas, Tasyaka and then into Ovacik and Hisaronu. They usually reach Hisaronu around 35 to 40 minutes past the hour.

When you exit the bends on the road from Hisaronu to Kaya you will see a large white villa on the right. After a further 300 metres there is a beige coloured, 3 storey villa on your right and a turning signposted to the Perma Ranch riding stables. We will meet at this junction. The coordinates for the meeting point are 36°34'38.29"N  29° 6'7.27"E . There is ample parking for those using their own transport.

Very briefly, the route will take us past Keciler Mosque, the 4th century BC Roman Sarcophagi, Kaya Wine House, Belen Well, the ruins of a look-out post used by the Knights of Rhodes and then down through the forest to Karagozler and will include some spectacular views of the Kaya Valley, Fethiye Bay, the boatyards and harbour.

This walk will take about 3 hours to complete.

Please make sure you wear suitable footwear and bring at least 1 litre of drinking water for your own use.

If you're interested in joining us for the walk, please let me know by PM or email.

Offline Firo

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 16:58:20 PM »
We would have loved to join you on this walk but Eric is doing his Rescue diver course on Monday and Weds next week. Hopefully you'll do another one on this route soon.
Fi & Eric

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 17:56:04 PM »
I'll probably arrange another one for a few weeks time.

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 19:41:51 PM »
Along with the Af Kule walk on 27 October, this also sounds like a great walk.
Will keep an eye out on the forum for the dates planned, if we are in the area we will be there too.

Carol & Co

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 17:04:29 PM »
Thanks for another great walk. I am surprised that we travelled so far and I do not feel too tired.

The beautiful views, insect and animal life made the walk really  interesting. The old bread oven and olive press were something I have never seen before in Turkey either, shame that they are slowly disappearing due to age.

Good luck with the next walk.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf