Author Topic: Maintenance payments.... not.  (Read 6436 times)

Offline patch

Maintenance payments.... not.
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 07:47:26 AM »
does anyone have the contact number for this help from the mugla governer . thanks

Offline kariaapartments

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 16:34:15 PM »
just ring 179 and bobs your uncle - very pleasant helpful staff with excellent English

Offline scouser2

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 10:15:11 AM »
Thanks for the number Nichola. :)

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
Update on our neighbour not making payments.
This is the second year that he has made no payments, despite telling our other neighbour that he would. The empty apartment in our block has been sold, and the new owners have asked me about maintenance charges for next year. I then heard my non-payment neighbour telling our new neighbour that the charges were too high!!
I am seriously getting annoyed now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 11:16:24 AM »
I understand that in one case of non-payment in Turkey (not Fethiye area but still 'tourist' Turkey) a British owner hadn't paid maintenance or anything else in the several years he had owned the property. He had never returned to Turkey since taking ownership and Tapu. Not paying his council tax (which wasn't a huge amount) was his undoing - after many attempts to contact him his property was sold and the debt paid from the proceeds. The balance awaits him, although he doesn't know any of this yet.

So, your water bill might be 1 lira a decade but paying it is a good idea  ;)

Offline scouser2

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 11:52:12 AM »
I wish Keith.
This guy (with his British girlfriend) live in the apartment all year round.He has an outstanding water bill (in the previous owners name) for 18 months water.
The new owner of the recently bought apartment asked me to go to the water board with him, as the water for that apartment was put in my name by this guy!(long story, but he was the agent we bought from).I am just hoping that he hasn't put anything else in my name.

Offline scouser2

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:06 AM »
One of the owners in our complex has arrived and has asked him if he intends to pay this year, and has been told that he has no money. Meanwhile his girlfriend has been on a trip to the U.K, and has returned with not only a suitcase full of new clothes, but 6 members of her family to stay!My wife is furious because it appears that they have the money to buy clothes and make up, and eat out most nights, but no money for communal bills.At least our other neighbours are getting as annoyed as we are, as they cant get near to the pool either!!

Offline BM06

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »
Chris why not turn the water and electric off to there individual apartment.

Offline scouser2

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 11:07:08 AM »
Hi Steve. Not much point in turning their water or electric off, as they are not covered in the communal bills.And anyway we are hoping that the water board will cut them off as he hasn't paid his water bill for over 18 months.As for his electric, that get cut off notices regularly and then they pay up.They have got the money, he just refuses to pay his bills until the last minute, so it 'appears' that they are skint.
His electric was cut off when his girlfriend was away, so he used one of the other apartments (we have warned the other owners to change their locks,) as he still has keys since he was the estate agent we bought from.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf