Author Topic: translation please.  (Read 1962 times)

Offline tonysue

translation please.
« on: December 26, 2009, 11:46:09 AM »
I have received a text from garanti bank whilst here in the UK. There is a 6 digit number followed by subesi tek kullanimlik sifreniz. Can somebody please tell me what it means. I am afraid to go online and make a mistake locking myself out of my account.Thanks.

Offline cenk

translation please.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 12:09:09 PM »
That's your password (pin number) to be used only once.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
translation please.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »
It's a password to allow you access to your online banking at Garanti. There's new system going into operation throughout Turkey from 1st January.

Here's something that I've copied off of another forum

"The "Single-Use PIN" is becoming mandatory!

Usage of "single-use PIN" is required to be mandatory when logging on to Online Banking, by BDDK as of January 01, 2010. Regulation is going to be in effect for all banks throughout in Turkey and you will be required to enter your "single-use PIN" in addition to your customer number, password and PIN information when logging on to Online Banking. You can use one of our "Login PIN via SMS", "Sifrematik", "Cep Sifrematik" or "Mobile Signature" options to get "single-use PIN

In accordance with the BRSA's "Communique on the Principles to be taken as Basis in Information Systems Management in Banks", dated September 14, 2007 and No. 26643, the implementation of the "Single-Use PIN" during Online Banking logins will become a legal requirement as of January 1, 2010.

With this implementation that is in effect for all banks in Turkey, you will be required to enter a "Single-Use PIN" in addition to your customer number, PIN and password information when logging onto Online Banking. For this, you can use one of the applications below:

Login PIN via SMS
Sifrematik ve Cep Sifrematik
Mobile Signature

Starting from January 1, 2010, to use the Login PIN via SMS application, you need to have at least one up-to-date mobile phone number registered with our bank. To avoid any problems in your transactions, please verify that you have an up-to-date mobile phone number registered with our bank by 01.01.2010.

The SMSs within the scope of this implementation can also be sent to abroad. If you are experiencing problems because of the SMS infrastructure or the mobile operator in the country where you reside, we recommend you to use Sifrematik or Cep Sifrematik.

To request a Sifrematik, you can call 444 0 333 Alo Garanti and key in option 9, or contact your branch."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:12:28 PM by KKOB »

Offline tonysue

translation please.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 17:44:30 PM »
Thanks guy's, I finally got into my account.What a bloody fiasco !! The phone number they have been texting to is now my daughters and I have tried to change it to my current number, and T mobile is not an option on the banks menu of networks so no joy. I assume all banks will be adopting these measures as I am considering opening another account with another bank. Can I do this, and how will it sit with the UK inland revenue ??

Offline sonic008

translation please.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 16:32:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonysue

I have received a text from garanti bank whilst here in the UK. There is a 6 digit number followed by subesi tek kullanimlik sifreniz. Can somebody please tell me what it means. I am afraid to go online and make a mistake locking myself out of my account.Thanks.

Offline sonic008

translation please.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 16:34:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonysue

http://translate.reference.com/translate?query=hope+you+are+well%2C+thank+you&src=en&dst=pl&v=1.0   paste this site address into your address bar , it takes you to a translation site, just type in what you want to translate, select Turkish to english, hit 'translate' et oila!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf