Author Topic: Calis Beach, which apartments  (Read 3169 times)

Offline noods

Calis Beach, which apartments
« on: December 31, 2009, 18:06:28 PM »
HI all, looking for a 3 bed apartment next summer hols on a complex so that the kids will make new friends and not just be stuck with mum and dad, just been looking at seaside, summer, sunset beach, oasis etc, dont know which to go for.  Any recommendations would be great.  Dont want a hotel, figured a complex woukld be the next best thing.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 18:54:15 PM »
As i own an apartment at Sunset Beach Club would have to say Sunset Beach Club I have 3 kids 16 8 & 5 who all made good friends there everytime we went this year and also any of my friends & family who used it really enjoyed themseleves. Would say complex should be even busier this year as 2nd phase of complex only finished towards end of the year.  

Offline noods

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »
Hi Diana, thanks for that, it looks pretty perfect.  I belive you can catch a dolmus right by the complex too which is great.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »
Dolmus passes right along the front but even the walk to the Dolmus station isnt too far

Offline noods

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »
Are there nice places to eat near by?  We like to try the local cuisine. Is it possible to get by without hiring a car?

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 17:10:08 PM »
Sunset has its own resturant but you are only 10/15 minutes walk from main promenade any amount of great eating places and if you want the dolmus will take you to the centre of Calis which we often do then walk back after we have eaten

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 00:17:50 AM »
Hi NOODs, my daughter stayed there in September with her children age 10 and 12, and they loved it,go for it.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 09:38:11 AM »
I think its fair to say that the dolmus only goes past the sunset site" on request "to the nearby Surf shack.The normal terminus is near to the Seaside apartments close to the end of the promenade.

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 16:35:04 PM »
Sunset is lovely and i don't think you would be dissaponited with the facilities and accomodation. It is a very large complex and has the ameanities to match. There is a restaurant and a beach bar and the surf club is near by. The only thing I would say is it is a good 15/20 walk in to Calis and about a 500 meters to the Dolmus stop.
Seaside is a smaller complex with less on site ameanities but a shop and bar/restaurant are within a couple of mins. Seaside is nearer to Calis and the dolmus stops just outside. Again the accomodation is very good and the complex is lovely but smaller and more intimate then Sunset.
I have a place on Seaside and I can recommend Seaside, it readlly depends on what you want.
Both Seaside & Sunset are right on the beach. All sunset facilities are open to outsiders.
Oasis is a long way out of Calis/Fethiye and there is very little within walking distance but I believe the onsite facilities are very good. I think you will almost certainly need a car if you want to get out and about. I think there is a dolmus that goes to Fethiye.
Summer is on the main road a fair way behind Seaside away from the Sea.
Regards
Lorraine

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 16:38:59 PM »
We have stayed at Seaside and would agree with lmaddy and can highly recommend it:D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 16:39:43 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf