Author Topic: paying Electric and water by standing order  (Read 2949 times)

Offline DANKY

• Never red
paying Electric and water by standing order
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »
Hi can anyone inform me please of how simple/ difficult it is to set up standing orders to pay  My utility bills  (Electric,Water, Council Tax)in Turkey please

Also before you get your water or electric cut off is it down to how much is outstanding or is it purely done on a time frame i.e. could i pay twice a year as i do now to my Maintenance company or would they cut me off after a month or so

thanks
                DAnky

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:21:15 AM »
Don't know about council tax but I set up my electricity and water very easily with garanti bank online.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:05:59 AM »
we pay our electric via direct debit (Yapi) but if you do arrange this, watch out for the hidden charges.  We seem to pay a lot in admin fee for the sheer priviledge of having the facility :(

Offline apollo

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:59:28 PM »
I am not sure about paying water and council tax by Direct debit but you can certainly pay electric.

Be aware that the banks (Garanti and Akbank) do not pay the first month of the Direct debit you have to do that You will also need to keep an eye on your account to make sure the DD are paid.

We were cut off once because Garanti bank said that Electric had not "asked" for the payment and the electricty company said yes we have and they did not send it, change your bank!

The electricity company will disconnect you very quickly for unpaid bills. The water they will not worry about a few lira as for the council tax you will accrue fines.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 15:51:42 PM »
In Olu Deniz it is not possible to pay water and council tax by DD. You have to go into the office. Paying electric and other utilities like the phone can be easily paid by DD. Fiansbank will send you a text before the payment is taken.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »
Looking for the best bank service,go and see alper at Fortis bank.He will set it up with no probs and no charges.The water bill is a little tricky,in that if the meter shows less than 10 cubes of water used they will not give you a bill,so little point in setting anything up if you do not live here.But if you wish,you can read the meter yourself,visit Feski,with your meter (abone number)and pay an amount up front so you are ahead and in credit.Hope this helps.

Offline kariaapartments

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 08:00:41 AM »
Where is Feski?

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 08:25:31 AM »
Thanks all for your advise seems fairly straight forward and will give it a go Next week

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 19:15:53 PM »
To find the feske offices as follows.Go to carrefour express store which is in front of the Main otogar (bus station),to the side of the store is a river,or canal with a road to both sides of it.Go to the side farthest from the store and turn to the right.About 25 metres down you will find it.However,if you have no transport,you can go into the beledye offices in fethiye.As you go in through the security scanner,the first desk in front to the right will ring up feske and you can pay there.You will need your bill to do this.Hope this makes sense.J

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 16:28:35 PM »
I'm sure I saw a new shop on the dolphinless roundabout where you can pay your electric and water bills. Can any locals confirm?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf