Author Topic: paying Electric and water by standing order  (Read 2948 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
paying Electric and water by standing order
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 22:42:58 PM »
Yes there is a fatura office there at the dolphinless roundabout next to the eczane/chemist (where you can pay tedas, feski, digiturk, turkcell, avea etc etc) for a small fee.  Usually 1 lira on the bill.  Please bear in mind that this is not always paid over to the utilities people on the same day or even on time if you are close to the maturity date.  The next bill may show a late payment fee or in worst case scenario you could be cut off!!!!!  Hope this helps.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 08:24:03 AM »
So does the Fortis bank not have any standing order charges?
The Garanti is a rip off and I am not very keen on them at all now.

Offline captainjon

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 19:17:11 PM »
Fortis do not charge for paying direct debits arranged out of current account!We did use garanti some three to four years ago.But we found that an account set up some six months as a standby for my wife had attracted charges although it had never been used.It had never been disclosed to us prior and they refused to repay! We closed all our accounts their and have never used them since. Hope this helps.We have never had better service than that provided by Alper at Fortis

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 20:19:50 PM »
Thanks for that. This is what is happening to us. We have a ytl account for paying the bills and I put £500 in a gbp account as a backup. We never touched this account but every year the money is coming down and down with charges for nothing ! Next time we are out I will go and see Alper. Where is Fortis?

Offline captainjon

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 05:15:31 AM »
If when you come off the front main road as it were, there is the Dikman exchange on the corner of the one way road, go up here and past TEB bank it is a few metres further up on the left but before HSBC..

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 08:22:16 AM »
Altough the service is much better at Fortis you will find that there are still charges to pay on a GBP Account. I opened one up two years ago with £50 and never touched it. When I checked it in May it stood at £38.:(

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 10:01:16 AM »
I think I will close the gbp account. No charges at all on a ytl account?

Offline captainjon

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 18:27:33 PM »
Sorry Steve,but we only  use gbp occasionaly to buy or sell currency,but we do not! pay any charges on this and in fact receive 1% interest on any credit balances on a 15 day contract.Most accounts for currencies other than lira pay interest on a par with the country or origin .Littlereddevil!!!!,open a lira daily interest account to enjoy casual interest if you wish, then you can with draw cash on a daily basis up till 1300hrs.After that it is re invested on normal overnight rates.But to pay your direct debits you need a current account!!!!!!If you want to have a savings account?for the longer term that is a different account.Please go and talk to  Alper he will answer all your questions,as long as you know what you really want to do? have a nice day. j ( I am not on a % just trying to help)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf