Author Topic: Halifax Card  (Read 1645 times)

Offline tasha10

Halifax Card
« on: November 30, 2010, 15:15:41 PM »
Hey, just wondering if anyone has used a visa debit card in the ATMs around fethiye/calis. And how much were u charged each time? Iv been told by the bank that its £1.50 a go, but a friend of mine used her Halifax card in the HSBC ATM and drew money out in pounds, and said it was free. Can anyone else confirm this???
Thanks..

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Halifax Card
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 15:52:09 PM »
It depends on what your bank charges you for foreign withdrawals. It will also depend on what currency you withdraw as they'll make a charge for TL but it could be a different charge if you withdraw £s.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Halifax Card
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 15:54:55 PM »
We used our Halifax card in any ATM that provided Sterling and it is free, you are only charged £1.50 (regardless of amount) if you withdraw in a foreign currency.
ATM at the bridge in Calis had sterling and was more convenient than going to Fethiye everytime.

Offline posleeds

Halifax Card
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 16:48:15 PM »
Agree with loz - as long as you withdraw sterling & not TL it is a free transaction with a Halifax card from an HSBC cash machine. Some cash machines in & around Fethiye charge 4TL a transaction if the card doesn't come from their bank.

Offline tasha10

Halifax Card
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 17:01:01 PM »
Thanks guys thats me sorted  :)) roll on Feb..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf