Author Topic: nationwide  (Read 7664 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
nationwide
« on: March 22, 2011, 16:03:53 PM »
I want to get pension which is at the  moment being paid into nationwide a/c ,i want to have paid direct to my turkish bank ,do i do it on line and just get iban  or swift nos or do i have to contact nationwide thanks. ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 17:39:51 PM »
Lance,

If you do it yourself via iban/swift it will cost about £25 a time with NW. Best to contact your pension provider and ask them to pay it into your Turkish account I think. However I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Offline Eric

nationwide
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 17:52:33 PM »
I agree with you Stoop.  There is one problem though.  When I inquired about doing this with my pension there was no problem at the British end, they would pay it into any bank anywhere in the world, the problem was at this end.  The bank, Finans, said that there would be a charge of £25 (equivalent) for every payment into our account (i.e. every month £25 charge), my pension is paid on the 1st of the month but Finans could not guarantee that it would appear in the account on the 1st.  They said it might be the 1st, or the 2nd, or 3rd or 10th or 15th or.......In other words there was no guarantee what date it would go into the account it could even be the following month!  Work that one out:-\  So it meant that worst case scenario we would have to go 2 months on 1 months pension until the bank deemed to put the money in our account.
In the end I decided to carry on having it paid into NW and pull it out over here via the ATM's.  Now we pull it out in Sterling and change it into Lira in the banks, no NW charges doing that.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 19:10:23 PM »
Thanks guys might have word with alper to see if ing charge if they do might just it out each month cheers.

Offline wickwilly

nationwide
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 20:49:50 PM »
My mother gets her widows pension paid directly into her Fortis account here. No charge and no problems.
WW

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 23:26:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by wickwilly

My mother gets her widows pension paid directly into her Fortis account here. No charge and no problems.
WW

I believe you can do this with a state pension but a private one might be a little different.

Offline Julesp

nationwide
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 23:58:36 PM »
I have a private widow pension which they will only pay into a Uk account, I have set up an account with a company called Moneycorp which is a foreign exchange company, forex etc are the same, I have a set amount every month from my Natwest account sent to my Turk bank It costs 8 sterling every month But For my needs this seemed the cheapest way Unless if anyone can tell me better,
:D
The exchange rate is set a week before leaving my bank account and because it is Turkey and I have a monthly setup you cant ask them to hang on for a better rate
But I never goto the  Uk so cannot set up a new Uk bank account and i cannot sign a new bank contract to say i am in the Uk for tax purposes :D

Offline Julesp

nationwide
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 00:02:52 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

I want to get pension which is at the  moment being paid into nationwide a/c ,i want to have paid direct to my turkish bank ,do i do it on line and just get iban  or swift nos or do i have to contact nationwide thanks. ;)

If state pension you would have to contact pensions peeps to change bank account in which to pay it If private Ask! , mine wont pay into a foreign account, ditto Natwest would not let me set up an automatic transfer and as stoop says 25 quidish would be the norm anyway for I ban transfesr

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 17:42:42 PM »
My post is not about pensions but it is about the Nationwide! just checked my account online to see what rate I had got when I withdrew some cash from my account in Turkey last week, I was really shocked to see I had been charged 2% of the withdrawal and also a £ for the privelege. What a rip off is there any way you can get the cash out in GBP and avoid the 2% charge or would I still get charged? many thanks for any help with this one.[?]

Offline Firo

nationwide
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 19:16:28 PM »
Karenna these charges have been in place since Nov 2010 and every Nationwide customer I know was informed of these changes and it was well documented on CBF.Their charges are still less than lots of other UK bank for cash withdrawels abroad.
If you withdraw in Sterling whilst here then there are no charges.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf