Author Topic: nationwide  (Read 7663 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
nationwide
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 21:10:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Karenna these charges have been in place since Nov 2010 and every Nationwide customer I know was informed of these changes and it was well documented on CBF.Their charges are still less than lots of other UK bank for cash withdrawels abroad.
If you withdraw in Sterling whilst here then there are no charges.
Fi

Where can I withdraw in sterling to avoid charges using nationwide debit car, I assume an ATM, but which ones?

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
nationwide
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 22:12:26 PM »
I thought that any withdrawals abroad using NW now cost.  Are you saying that if I withdraw using an ATM in Turkey but specify Sterling, I won't be charged?

I've just answered my question but for information to anyone else who wants to know - note - it states 'OTHER THAN STERLING',so in other words, withdraw your money in £'s and get it changed.  The ATM's I've used all ask what currency I want to withdraw.

I googled:

Charges for using your card abroad

There is a commission charge and a cash withdrawal charge for transactions in currencies other than sterling.

You will be charged the charges shown below when you use your card for transactions in currencies other than sterling. These include all charges that we have to pay to other organisations on your behalf.

Foreign transaction charges
Charge

Applies to cash withdrawals

Applies to card purchases

Commission charge for non-sterling transactions - 2.00% of the transaction amount Non-UK cash withdrawal charge (as well as the commission charge) plus £1 for each withdrawal
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 22:17:14 PM by Elsa Padfield »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:22 AM »
I dont know how I did not know,I remember seeing something about Nationwide on here but did not pay much attention so that is obviously why! I dont think the atm I used had an option of sterling how can you find which atm's offer this? :)

Offline busybee

nationwide
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 06:48:18 AM »
Kippa, HSBC on the left hand side when looking at the bank and I think the HSBC in Calis do sterling.

Offline wickwilly

nationwide
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 16:18:31 PM »
Also the ATM outside the main post office in Fethiye does Sterling.
WW

Offline LeeGlo

nationwide
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 18:18:25 PM »
The ATM at TEB gives sterling but only the branch near to the Otogar, I think the one in town only does Euros and Dollars

Offline davybill

nationwide
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 13:40:39 PM »
hsb bank in oneway system in fethiye,has 2 atms usualy a security guard there
so if you lose your card you can go into the bank, both machines do sterling.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 23:39:12 PM »
HSBC by Azda in Hisaronu and one of the ATMs at the roundabout at Hisaronu (cant remember which one there are 4 on the market side) give out Sterling option.

Offline artie

nationwide
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 16:23:59 PM »
just reverting back to Fi,s comments.do you know 100% that you dont get charged for sterling withdrawels if you have a nationwide card.maybe this is a loophole that the nationwide dont know about.Lets keep it a secret.[^]

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

nationwide
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 17:09:47 PM »
Artie, I think you are kidding yourself if you think that Nationwide does not know about it. When it appears on your statement it shows the bank from whoich it is withdrawn.

I am sure when nationwide settles its outstandings that it recognizes requests from TEB and all the other Turkish banks.

In relation to foreign withdrawals Nationwide gets a great deal of unfair publicity. Most foreign transactions are cleared through clearing systems such as VISA. These systems make charges on Nationwide and all other card providers. Most pass the full charges on the customer. Nationwide  does not pass all the charge on. You get a better exchange rate from Nationwide than you do from most other card transactions.

If no charges are passed on then I would say tha tpeople using their cards on holiday or those living abroad are expecting Uk savers to subsidize their banking arrangements.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf