Author Topic: nationwide  (Read 7661 times)

Offline Brianbern

nationwide
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 17:16:15 PM »
HBOS have launched a credit card called Clarity which can only be applied for online. This allows you to use this card abroad without incurring transaction charges. Seems to be offering same advantages which Nationwide formerly offered.

Offline Eric

nationwide
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 17:36:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by artie

just reverting back to Fi,s comments.do you know 100% that you dont get charged for sterling withdrawels if you have a nationwide card.maybe this is a loophole that the nationwide dont know about.Lets keep it a secret.[^]

Yes we do know 100% that we don't get charged.  Been doing it for a few months now and no charges on our statements.

As OPO say'sthough, I don't think it will be long before this hole is plugged.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 17:49:19 PM »
I have just come back and used a Nationwide card to draw both stirling and TL I was charged on the TL but not the stirling.
I have now got an N & P card this is better than the Nationwide card in that you also get Sentinel Gold card protecion thrown in.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

nationwide
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 17:55:22 PM »
Using a credit card to withdraw money is not a good idea. As you will be charged interest from the date of withdrawal at an APR of 18.9%. Make sure you readthe small print.

When using an N&P account be careful. Although N&P will not apply charges you can still face charges because these can be applied by the overseas bank.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 18:13:14 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline artie

nationwide
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 20:12:02 PM »
When i rang nationwide today they didnt know you could withdraw sterling from an atm machine in turkey.their rules and regulations state they will charge commission on foreign transactions on any currency other than sterling.i was told there would be no charge for sterling but their staff were not sure.I have sent them an email so i can get it in writing.And no,i am not kidding myself.I work in the banking sector and sometime the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing.

Offline Eric

nationwide
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 20:26:11 PM »
Well done Artie, you have probably closed the loophole now:-\

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

nationwide
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 20:27:56 PM »
Turkey is unusual in that the ability to withdraw major foreign cuurencies is available in the tourist resorts.

I can assure you that Nationwide's Treasury Division knows that sterling is being withdrawn in Turkey.

Offline artie

nationwide
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 20:49:37 PM »
Maybe it clarifies the situation once and for all.at least you know where you stand if you get it from the horses mouth.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

nationwide
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 21:15:52 PM »
You certainly will know when the horse starts taking fees for sterling withdrawals in Turkey.

Offline artie

nationwide
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 21:36:59 PM »
Like you say,they already will know we take sterling from turkish atm's.I am just trying to clarify the situation once and for all.Once i know that they will not charge or indeed charge the situation is then clear for all to see.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf