Author Topic: nationwide  (Read 7662 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

nationwide
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 14:15:16 PM »
You may find a change in Nationwide's policy shortly. Yes, you do not get charged for withdrawing sterling in Turkey by Nationwide. The Turkish banks may levy a charge on Nationwide for providing the service.At present these costs are not passed on but could be in the future.The charge that would be passed on may be higher than the existing charges for foreign currency.

That is a statement from a friend who holds a senior position in Nationwide.

My advice is shut up and let the hornets nest be.Keep stirring it up and you might just get stung.

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
nationwide
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 15:32:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

Can someone  clarify for me two things please, one where is the HSBC machine in Calis,and two can I use my Nationwide card in this and get sterling out without paying the percentage fee, I am happy to pay the £1 for the transaction. i dont have time to go to Fetiyhe again but i am thinking while the rate is still good i may as well withdraw some money and change it up for my next holiday thanks for any replies :)

Karennina
The HSBC atm is just over the bridge from the water taxis.
I can confirm that I made several transactions using that atm in May with a Nationwide card, to withdraw sterling

The only deduction from my account was for the sterling equivalent.
No charges, no commissions .. just the total sterling amount
(My statement in the UK also confirms this)

Hope this helps.

Dave. :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
nationwide
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 17:33:16 PM »
Thank you very much Dave I appreciate that,I know now which atm it is, did not know whether I could use my Nationwide card there or not[?]thanks again :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf