Author Topic: Which Bank?  (Read 3661 times)

Offline mibur

Which Bank?
« on: April 26, 2011, 22:02:18 PM »
Can anyone help regarding which Bank is the best to open an account with to pay utility bills?
I know that Banks charge for the running of an account but all I need the account for is purely for paying water and electricity bills (normally received after I have returned to the UK) and not incur monthly charges on the account when the payments out are likely to be only 3-4 times a year.
I use a maintenace company at present to pay my bills for me in my absence but the charge they make for providing this payment method is not cost effective
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
mibur
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:09:28 AM by mibur »

Offline posleeds

Which Bank?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:01 AM »
I have an account with Ziraat Bank(next to Migros in central Fethiye) - they do normally make a small monthly charge, but if you set up two automatic payments for paying utility bills they are prepared to offer free banking - though you may need to negotiate to get this.
There is one male cashier there who's English is very good.
Just one word of warning - be prepared to queue!  They close 12.30 - 1.30 for lunch...the quietest time I have found is about 12 midday.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Which Bank?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:06:55 AM »
I would suggest you shop around for another Maintenance Company as the Companies we have used always give you a set yearly fee for all their services and paying utility bills is included in the fee.

Offline maymun

Which Bank?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 20:18:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

I would suggest you shop around for another Maintenance Company as the Companies we have used always give you a set yearly fee for all their services and paying utility bills is included in the fee.

Agreed, but my maintenance company charge extra for this service , but their basic rate is lower so its swings and roundabouts,
but as I do it on direct debit its worth while
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 20:19:24 PM by maymun »

Offline posleeds

Which Bank?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:45:35 AM »
I can't understand anyone using a maintenence company to pay their bills - when they charge for it.
Everyone who owns a property in Turkey should have a Turkish bank account - it really is so simple to set up automatic payments with them & if you have on line banking you can view/make transations from the UK - if you need that peace of mind  ;)

Offline maymun

Which Bank?
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 22:09:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

I can't understand anyone using a maintenence company to pay their bills - when they charge for it.
Everyone who owns a property in Turkey should have a Turkish bank account - it really is so simple to set up automatic payments with them & if you have on line banking you can view/make transations from the UK - if you need that peace of mind  ;)

My lecky bill is on D/D and yes online banking is a great help, but
you cant put water bills on direct debit and if you live in the UK then someone has to pay it , hence some people using Maintenence C to pay them
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 22:10:32 PM by maymun »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 08:11:06 AM »
Finansbank do automatic water payments, we just set ours up with them.

Offline mibur

Which Bank?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »
Thanks all for your response. will open an account at Finansbank and set up automatic payments,

Offline posleeds

Which Bank?
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »
So do Ziraat Bank - it's set up to pay our water automatically - Fethiye Su Feski.
The money goes out on the payment date due on the meter reading invoice - no problems so far!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:48:35 AM »
Finans do all my DD's no problem

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf