Author Topic: telmessos  (Read 10148 times)

Offline harley12

telmessos
« on: May 10, 2011, 18:29:14 PM »
can any tell me what this complex is like

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
telmessos
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 18:56:52 PM »
Telmessos is lovely in the summer, great communal gardens and two lovely pools. In the winter it can be very bleak though, and parts of the complex tend to flood. Great place for a holiday if you want peace and quiet.

Offline harley12

telmessos
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 19:06:42 PM »
thanks for response were thinking of buying on ther is there any permanent residents on site and how much flooding in winter

Offline raygans

telmessos
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 21:20:58 PM »
We stayed there last year and loved it so much we"re going back in august (cant wait) its a quiet peaceful site,2 pools and very well maintained...was told there was flooding there in the winter months tho. Its not that far from calis beach...well it took us about 25 mins to walk and longer by bicycle...dont ask lol. Hope its what you"re looking for.

Offline tel

telmessos
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 21:59:31 PM »
Think the flooding was mainly on the road areas and some outside Telmessos.They have raised or rather bricked up the edges of the internal roadways to aleviate the problem. I have not really seen major flooding directly around the villas.There is allegedly a dolmus bus service from near Telmessos in the summer and plenty of restaurants offer a pick-up service remember.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
telmessos
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 23:44:34 PM »
The only thing I would add is to look for damp (and fresh paint) around the bottom of the walls before you buy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 23:45:14 PM by stoop »

Offline cloudbase

telmessos
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:36:40 AM »
Hi Harley 12,

i look after a few houses on telmessos sites ref flooding it depends on wich side of the road you buy on dont buy on the right hand side next to the permanant lake as this winter they had over a meter of water on it and it went into most houses we have only just got them repaired and dryed out.

Offline Ammo

telmessos
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »
We've had a villa on Telmessos for 7 years now and we're on the right side and we have NEVER been flooded. Don't understand what the flooding last winter has been referred to. In fact we've never even been flooded in the 7 years we've been there! There's 3 pumps on the site which is switched on in heavy rain if needed. Plus,in winter time when the rain comes the staff throw sand bags around the villa doors. :)

Offline cloudbase

telmessos
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 11:28:18 AM »
Hi Ammo,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
telmessos
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »
Hi cloudbase,

Share me