Author Topic: TEB Bank (Formerly Fortis)  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
TEB Bank (Formerly Fortis)
« on: June 02, 2011, 16:59:26 PM »
Have spent the afternoon going 10 rounds with the woman with the title of Retail Customer Relations Manager at this branch. I was trying to close an account for some friends that are now back in the UK & had more than enough documentation to prove who I was & letters signed by my friends giving permission for the cash to be given to me.

This female has to be one of the rudest, most surly "female dogs" I have ever come across in my entire life & I've spent many years in customer facing environments [:(!] Banking she may well know, customer relations - NEVER in a million years. At first I was almost prepared to accept that it was her comparative lack of English that made her so aggressive, but having witnessed her attitude to 2 Turkish customers, I would now doubt that that is the case.

Good luck to anyone who has to have dealings with her, 'cos you'll sure as *ell need it

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 21:50:42 PM »
You arent the only one who has come across this "lady". How she still has a job is beyond me.Maybe not enough people have complained about her to the manager there. I know I didn't at the time.

Offline peecee

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »
Personally don't like TEB as a bank in general. Tried to transfer some money from savings to current over the internet, wouldn't let me.  Got SO fed up went into bank to close the a/c's totally.  Boy, their attitude changed once they realised I meant business.  Really surly.
With ING now  :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

You arent the only one who has come across this "lady". How she still has a job is beyond me.Maybe not enough people have complained about her to the manager there. I know I didn't at the time.

I DID complain, however, regretably, the manager speaks minimal English & guess who he called to translate for him,yep the wicked witch herself [:(!] So guess the message doesn't get entirely translated then

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by peecee

With ING now  :)

So are more & more peeps including myself & my friends (as of yesterday) Can't imagine why  ;)

Offline imperialwizard

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »
Whats the background to Fortis becoming TEB anyway??

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »
Never personally had any problem in the TEB branch I use with any of the staff, complete opposite in fact.  I use the branch in town centre rather than the one near to the Otogar.  Which one is it? I might even go in and have some fun .. I get a perverse kick in winding up arrogant banking clerks, or indeed any other role bullies.:D

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 13:25:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

Never personally had any problem in the TEB branch I use with any of the staff, complete opposite in fact.  I use the branch in town centre rather than the one near to the Otogar.  Which one is it? I might even go in and have some fun .. I get a perverse kick in winding up arrogant banking clerks, or indeed any other role bullies.:D

As you come down from the fish market, turn left at the Mulberry Tree restaurant.

Incidentally, she may have won some skirmishes, but the final victory was mine :D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 13:51:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by imperialwizard

Whats the background to Fortis becoming TEB anyway??

As I understand it TEB and Fortis where both taken over ny BNP Paribas, who then decided too merge the 2 banks
Mark

Offline imperialwizard

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 21:22:49 PM »
thx Mark,my curiosity has been satisfied!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf