Author Topic: House contents insurance  (Read 2766 times)

Offline mac2010

House contents insurance
« on: June 20, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »
Just found out that most polices here pay out less if a claim is made when you are not in the country.ie.Your home here is broken into and you are in the UK they pay you less as you are not living in it full time.Aviva pays out the full payment even if you are not here.Most of the bank insurances pay less.Only found this out when changing companies. Check your policy to make sure.

Offline grahamturner09

House contents insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 16:48:55 PM »
Try Intasure they payout

Offline brian evans

House contents insurance
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 13:27:34 PM »
Hi

Looking for insurance for contants and building also earthquake any one know a good company

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
House contents insurance
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 14:00:28 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by grahamturner09</i>

Try Intasure they payout
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
100% correct as Rimms reported after their bad luck. A Turkish builder told me, when you get your insurance in Turkey, choose the cheapest because none of them pay!

That was before Intasure, great company - all policies and correspondence in English and friend of CBF   :)

Get a quote here:

IntasureTM Turkish Property Insurance

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
House contents insurance
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 16:25:39 PM »
We were told by Engin (Fethiye Property Services) That if anything is stolen you must produce the original receipt or the insurance company will not pay out.

Offline Denise40

House contents insurance
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 17:18:29 PM »
Intasure only cover those who have holiday homes not if you live in Turkey

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
House contents insurance
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 17:38:49 PM »
Yes that is correct Denise. Intasure do not require original receipts for everything in the event of a claim as far as I know, but Englin/Jacqui are right that a number of the 'local' ones will - just hope they don't nick your receipts too [:o]

Offline Stressed Eric

House contents insurance
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 18:01:04 PM »
Our insurance broker advised us to take photos of all possessions, then if receipts aren't available the insurance assessor can use your photos to put a value your stolen items.

Offline Firo

House contents insurance
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 07:17:23 AM »
Beware your jewellery value, as it's only a percentage of the contents, so if you have £10,000 contents I think the jewellery is only 10% which is £1,000.It's only insured if it's kept in a safe & not insured if you are wearing it, with some policies, so do check out what exactly you are insured for before taking out the policy. We have heard of people that have claimed for a flooded kitchen, local kitchen company quoted 3000tl and the insurance company offered 1900tl which was the amount of their excess.....

Offline corbindallas

House contents insurance
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 14:33:06 PM »
The amount of bad stories on insurance payouts is incredible. I guess if you want good insurance you have to pay a top premium for it but apart from the legally required DASK is it really worth content insurance in the first place if you aren't going to get proper coverage?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf