Author Topic: Upload times  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Stan

Upload times
« on: October 23, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
Am I doing it wrong ? or does it take a fair while to upload 70-80 images to imageshack,it says it will take around 1 hour, thought I'd put a link to an album if anybody wanted to have a look.(could quite easily be my fault as I have that effect on computers!)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Upload times
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »
Are you uploading them as they are on your memory card/hard drive Stan - or resizing them first? Digital Photos are HUGE so they print well - for websites they need to be reduced in size. Try www.irfanview.com for a free resizer - double clicking on your images will cause them to open in Irfanview, where you can use the following Image -> Resize/Resample and choose around 650 wide for photos going on websites.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Upload times
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
I use image shack all the time and resize the photos for posting using image shack.

The idea is load the photos from the camera to your computer, image shack browse the photo you want on your computer and then in the size choose the best size for the forum then click upload.  it will take seconds to load, when done click on the link view full size and copy the address in the address bar.

To keep the photos I never rely on photobucket, imageshack or Webshots as they tend to loose the photos, once I have loads on the computer I copy them to disc or stick.

Offline Stan

Upload times
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 13:17:33 PM »
Thanks for your help, I have resized as I upload as Loz says,seems to take ages,I,ll let it finish and see if it has worked,then try again, I did the other 3 or 4 o.k and they didn't take long.Cheers ,To post a link to an album do I do it the same way as posting a picture ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Upload times
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 13:24:33 PM »
Yes but click the link icon not the picture icon to give URL tags rather than IMG tags.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Upload times
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 13:32:55 PM »
When you are uploading to image shack are you doing one photo at a time?  if you do more than one on many programs it will take an age.  just use image shack to load the photo you want for the forum.

Offline Stan

Upload times
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 14:09:49 PM »
That must have been the problem,I think its worked but I was uploading lots. we'll see soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf