Author Topic: Moving to Calis  (Read 6278 times)

Offline ribeye100

Moving to Calis
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
Thats it all booked.

Complete on the UK House on the 25th November, staying with various family members untill the 4th December and we will be in the air at 08.45 on the 4th, (my birthday) heading for Antalya due to limited flights to Dalaman.

Myself, Jackie & Oscar the dog are so looking forward to our new life.

Any news of whats going on over Christmas would be much apreciated.

Mark.

Offline johnboy1967

Moving to Calis
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
Congratulations . See you around in December then.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Moving to Calis
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »
Shame you'll miss the Christmas Fair, as it's on 4th. But you'll be able to get your bearings in time for car boot fair - usually a good social gathering - on 18th & "splash" on Boxing Day

Offline kizkucuk

Moving to Calis
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 21:27:37 PM »
How exciting - a lovely time of year to arrive too :-)  

Offline ribeye100

Moving to Calis
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 07:00:35 AM »
Just a quick update,

We arrived last Sunday, all whent ok in the end however we had a scare with Oscar, he had an adverse reaction with one of his medications 48 hours before our flight, it was then left in the hands of defra to say yay or nay as to if he could fly or not and to wait for the call, the call never came so all whent ahead, he is now back to his old form and is loving his new life style as are we, hope to meet up with some CBF members in the not too distant future.

Mark & Jackie

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Moving to Calis
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 07:35:49 AM »
Welcome & I sincerely hope you all love your new life in Turkey. Don't forget to update the location on your profile!

Offline Jenny Daly

Moving to Calis
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 18:56:19 PM »
Congrats to you both on your move.  Hope you enjoy your new life - we do the same on 7th Feb 2012 and looking forward to it.  We are also taking our dog Rory and would like to know if your dog was ok in Turkey on your arrival - i have to admit I am worried about him on the plane, never done anything like this before.  Did you keep the crate? we are not sure what to do with it because it will be too big to put in the car on our arrival.  We have a big dog ( labradoodle ).  We will live near the Calis Market- wishing you well and maybe we will meet soon. Glad to hear Oscar is happy.

Offline ribeye100

Moving to Calis
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 05:59:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny Daly

Congrats to you both on your move.  Hope you enjoy your new life - we do the same on 7th Feb 2012 and looking forward to it.  We are also taking our dog Rory and would like to know if your dog was ok in Turkey on your arrival - i have to admit I am worried about him on the plane, never done anything like this before.  Did you keep the crate? we are not sure what to do with it because it will be too big to put in the car on our arrival.  We have a big dog ( labradoodle ).  We will live near the Calis Market- wishing you well and maybe we will meet soon. Glad to hear Oscar is happy.

Hi Jenny,

On arrival to Antalya we waited at baggage reclaim for our bags and just next to that the door marked oversized parcels, we waited here and sure enough Oscar was pushed through the doorway, he was so pleased to see us and likewise we were to see him, we had a bit of a scare 48 hours before flying so was a great relief to have finally landed and that he was ok, he also had never flown and we have never done anything like this before.  The oher passengers were mostly surprised to see a large dog arrive and the children around thought he was lovely, there was one woman however that as he was pushed through the door i heared her say " as if theres not enough in the country"
 [:(!] oh god i wish i could turn the clock back now she would get both barrels!
Anyway we loaded him in his kennel onto a trolley and proceeded through customs, 3 customs men all looked as we whent past  but we were not stopped or questioned at all. We met with our friend outside the airport and loaded the car, the kennel if it is the same as ours splits into 2, as in the top comes off the bottom and fits in each other, and yes it's yours to keep as you have paid fr it.
I hope all goes well with your trip and your dog arrives as safely and happy as Oscar did, it would be great to meet up once you have settled we are very close to you it would seem, we're very near Aydin Pide.
If there is anything you want to ask before your trip or after please contact me and will help if I can.
All the best,
Mark.

Offline hubblebubbles

Moving to Calis
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »
So pleased the journey went well for you and the dog so how about a picture of Oscar so when you are out walking we can recognise him and come and say Hello. Easy way to meet more people. Enjoy your new life .

Offline Jenny Daly

Moving to Calis
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
Thanks Mark for your prompt reply - I am so pleased all went well, it is a massive relief for me.  I agree with Hubblebubbles can you add a photo of Oscar - would love to see him so I can look out for you.  We will be living in the Manzara Apartments near Roka Restaurant and I will be doing some voluntary work for Animal Aid after we have settled in - I really want to help with the street dogs etc.. and help to raise some money.  I was'nt aware the kennel splits in two, if ours does that would be great because we could then fit it in the car and donate it to AA.  Hope to see a picture of Oscar soon and look forward to meeting you in Calis.  Merry Christmas.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf