Author Topic: Has anyone done it yet?  (Read 6520 times)

Offline screamlead

Has anyone done it yet?
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:59:54 AM »
Just wondering what thoughts peeps have at the moment.
My 90 day visa runs out 2nd April so -

Can i still do the visa run and get a new 9/180 day one, has anybody done this recently since 12 feb?

Or do i extend my 90 day for 6 months as per the new details or do i get the 90/180 and extend that one?

Or do i go the whole hog and get a full 1 year res permit? I have the blue book already and kimlik number but think i may need a new blue book as i have three entries in that already. I'm not that keen on signing up to SGK just yet either (after a year obviously)
Any thoughts please and anyone got the absolute costs involved - i.e diy version as opposed to get someone to do it for me?

Pm me if you dont want to post on here.
Thanks
Scream :)

Offline Ray1951

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »
Make yourself the "test case". Go to the local visa/police/passport office and see what is involved in extending your 90 day visa then you can report back to the forum with accurate details as to what can and cannot be done.  Good luck.   :)

Offline Ivan

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 16:19:52 PM »
I had a 5 year RP which ran out in May 2 years ago. so last year in April when it was a lot cheaper i got a 4 year one never got asked about the ''missing year'' as i went out and came back and paid my £10 every 3 months, and as a British citizen you do not have to join the SGK ins.

Offline Julesp

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 21:32:09 PM »
Today we had the guy from the Customs police at our, FiG, coffee morning. He explained about the new rules,

From 1st February this year you can only have a tourist visa for 90 days out of 180. After that if you wanted to stay for longer you would need a Residence Permit

So if you enter after 1st Feb its self explanatory really, you can stay 90 out of 180

For those that entered before 1st Feb and have days remaining on their visa, the days remaining on your visa are then counted towards the 90 days

For example. You enter 1st Jan get 90 day stamp and remain in Turkey, By the 1st Feb you will have 59 days remaining on your visa, so without a residence permit you can only stay for 59 days out of the following 180

So from how I understand it, Screamlead, you will not be able to get another tourist visa, you will have to get residency or leave the country, you can no longer do visa hops,

He explained they bought this in, in line with european customs because when people were doing visa hops they had no idea how many people were living here and where in Turkey they were.

This is how I understood what he was saying, I cannot be responsible if they change how they interperate the law, as happens here as everyone knows :D

Please if you are at all worried you are best taking your passport to the customs police and asking them, the Customs Officer actually advised this too.:D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 21:35:57 PM by Julesp »

Offline screamlead

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »
Well, just an update.
Went to fethiye today to try to sort out res permit but got sent away as still a week more or so to go before i need to. Place was packed when i got there and it was lunch time so they were all trying to get out of the doors pretty quick.

I went and got my phots done at Kodak express 8 pics 10TL, Next i got my photocopies next door to Garanti bank and the compulsory stiff folder! cost 9TL.
Then off to visa police place to check rest of docs, luckily i have a blue book and that was ok with only 2 extra stamps in it - otherwise new price is 179TL. Price he wrote on the form for 2 years was 140 US dollars???
He got a bit shirty when i produced my P60 for pension details and was trying to insist i produce this years!! (visa ends 6 Apr - british tax year ends 5 Apr then posted to Turkey???? 7 weeks plus!)
So having thought about this already and having tried to get the same from my UK bank i produced a printout of my pension payments going into that account for the last 18months - he spotted March 12 2012 on the print out and was happy with that.
Got to go back next week now and sort the rest out so i'll start at the tax office and work back to them and also have to have the res permit pplication form printed out over the road at some place called Kaptan? cost 15-25TL - cheeky gits considering it can be done online.
Update to follow, and there was no mention of an extension of 6 months.

Offline LeeGlo

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 18:08:20 PM »
Quote .....cheeky gits considering it can be done online ... end quote.Screamlead.

That's interesting where do you find the forms online please?

Offline Julesp

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 22:32:10 PM »
He was actually very nice and helpful at the coffee morning, but he would be a he was on stage with press  8)

To get your details printed as he requested Screamlead , just go up to the main road and  the Kaptan boat place opposite will do it for you, they charged me 12tl though cos I had no more change!

Good luck !!

Offline happy_flyer

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 23:09:12 PM »
I downloaded mine from the turkish embassy website there was a link on there i followed.

Offline ilrifugio

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 07:07:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by LeeGlo

Quote .....cheeky gits considering it can be done online ... end quote.Screamlead.

That's interesting where do you find the forms online please?

don't even think about trying it.... I filled it out online, exactly the same layout and everything, printed it, and went to apply.  The lady there (at passport police)told me it was no good, as everything is computerized now, so even the slightest bit your printout is out of line, the computer will not read it. Long story short : my printed online version was not accepted, and I had to go to the little shop across the street.  Maybe it is just another way to keep the economy running...or at least the economy of that little shop across from them ;-)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 07:21:45 AM »
Read the latest info here at Fethiye Times on how to "extend" your tourist visa

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/expat-zone/visa/6892-turkish-authorities-clarify-that-a-tourist-visa-can-be-extended.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf