Author Topic: Please sign this petition to highlight our disapproval and get this razor wire taken down!  (Read 5983 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
As we know on this forum officials in Olu Deniz aren't too concerned about animal related issues!

The problem of cats ( and most likely birds, insects, lizards etc ) being injured by this English mans razor wire has been highlighted in local newspapers, Land of Lights, and tv after Haytap became involved but there is of course a waiting game now to see if it can be resolved.

After discussion with Haytap we decided that maybe a petition would raise further awareness and let the officials know the level of disapproval.

Please sign and share the petition, we know how strong people power can be

PLEASE HELP !!!

https://www.change.org/petitions/officials-in-and-around-fethiye-turkey-enforce-the-removal-of-razor-wire-which-is-injuring-pets-and-wildlife?utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=26403467

Thank you

Linda

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Thanks for the private messages and support so far.

Keep signing and sharing please

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
I have two neighbours, one with two cats and the other with three. The two use my back garden as a loo and the three my front garden. I'm glad you have suggested the razor wire as it might keep them in so I can sort them out with my 9 iron. My three under 5 grandchildren who play in my garden are more important than any buggers moggies!!!!!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Injuries from the wires, I'm saddened that Kenkay feels he'd like to do the same

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151060445629936.447722.682869935&type=1&l=1a4e983751

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member

Offline apollo

I am not sure that we have the full story. Maybe this poor guy, or his neighbours, have been victims of break-ins and he is doing his best to protect his property.

I have protected one of my garden boundaries with the stalks of palm leaves ( very effective they are too).And at the same time provide natural habitats for the wild life.

If the use of razor wire is illegal, for private use ,then he should take it down. If not, then good luck to him and I might consider investing in some too.

Offline Angelic

Offline mickinblack

Offline slartibartfast

I shouldn't really be surprised by some of the selfish replies I see on forums , but this one has really takes the biscuit.  I suppose they may just be idiosyncratic jokes by would-be Victor Meldrew’s.  If they were genuinely serious .... fingers crossed no "grandchildren" get torn to bits by anyone’s razor wire .... no matter how deludedly well meaning it was intended.

Too bad folk went to all the trouble of freeing those dolphins ... it could have kept the whole are in free tuna-like sandwiches for ages. (hyperbole to make an “insensitivity” point)

PS. I am not cat lover or a dolphin hater.  It’s humans who give me the pip !

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
What surprises me aside from the obvious is that after 3 days we still haven't reached 100 signatures.

On here there can be pages and pages about the price of beer, and restaurant recommendations, but someone's life being made miserable by someone injuring their animals and the costs of veterinary treatment etc only warrants a few posts and most of the comments are beyond my comprehension.

This forum has thousands of members. The numerous animal related Facebook pages have hundreds of animal lovers between them,  but hardly anyone has taken the time to sign and share, even admins and people who are actively raising money for animals haven't signed.

Is it just the bargains and the parties they want?

We could all get together and help this guy, help his cats, help the street cats who can't always be caught to get vital treatment, protect wildlife, show the authorities that people don't approve of cruelty, raise awareness, and maybe start getting some test cases in the papers as a step towards improving things in Turkey.
Animal welfare laws exist, but sadly unless situations are brought to the attention of those who should be enforcing the laws it will never improve.

It's the same Mayor who thought it was ok to put dolphins in a swimming pool who has control over whether this wire is removed, your help is needed again to show right from wrong.

Oh and the wire isn't there for security, it's pretty much known why it's there, but I'm unable to elaborate further.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf