Author Topic: Tyre Dumping  (Read 2111 times)

Offline biff052

Tyre Dumping
« on: August 26, 2012, 13:45:01 PM »
Just sat on our balcony, and watched a guy unload his car throwing the 7 tyres into the grassland at the side of the road.  He then reversed his car and drove off back down the hill!! :o

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Tyre Dumping
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 17:12:14 PM »
Such a shame when Fethiye Belediye has and is doing so much to recycle pretty much everything.

If this guy had just left them by the side of one of the metal bins someone would have been along whether a collector of scrap or an official council collector and they could have been properly recycled.

Hope they don't lie there spoiling the landscape for too long.

Offline biff052

Re: Tyre Dumping
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 19:04:20 PM »
Yes it was a surprise, as we had noticed the changes in recycling since our last visit some months back.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Tyre Dumping
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 19:28:40 PM »
It's the one thing I despair of here and I really wish the council would run a 'clean up' campaign, not that I think anyone would take a blind bit of notice. Judging by the amount of time some of my neighbours spend with a hosepipe in their hand washing down every surface of their homes, they must be immaculate, but all seems to stop at their front gate where they seem to think nothing of tipping rubbish into the street.

I got so fed up with this, I got a friend to bring me over one of those Helping Hands devices for picking up litter, I walked our short street today and filled a large bin sack with rubbish. I know this was a waste of time as tomorrow we will have Bim, Gempa, Kipa et al poking leaflets into every gate, all of which will end up in the street !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf