Author Topic: Turkısh Drıvıng Lıcence  (Read 4413 times)

Offline quackers

Re: Turkısh Drıvıng Lıcence
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 13:14:53 PM »
Luckıly we have had turkısh drıvıng lıcences for 3 years and when our  UK lıcences run out we wıll not be renewıng them as we do not have a UK address.

Offline Tigyak

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 13:49:38 PM »
For those putting off the evil day, I would like to say I have had a very pleasant experience applying for a Turkish driving licence - painless other than the necessary costs and charmingly helped by Ilknur as recommended here.

Having got all the necessary documents at hand - passport, driving licence, ikamet, tax number, turkish 999 number, health report with blood group listed, 6 photographs it was a 5 stop job.

Emniyet Mudurlugu for fingerprinting - from now on not allowed here
Vergi Dairesi for paying for the privellege - 338 TL
Adliye for criminal record ?5TL
Translation and Notarlisation of old driving licence plus copious photocopies 88TL
Traffic Police fro 2 more forms incl Dilekce and licence                                101TL

Time taken 0900 to 1200 and hopefully pick it up on Monday

Offline snowtop

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 16:09:44 PM »
I was iformed 3 years ago that it is not the compulsary to have a Turkish driving licence, however there is a loophole that the insurance people can use and refuse payment in case of an accident.  My thought was, if i live here then i will do the same as the Turks, providing it is sensible and helps me and keeps me reasonably covered for all eventualities.  I would hate to think that i was in an accident to find out that the insurers decided not to pay out because of a bit of an ambiguous legislation.  Be safe, dont worry as the song goes.

Offline Eric

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 18:08:06 PM »
 Ian

Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)

Re: Driving Licence validity - advice from the DVLA
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
Posted elsewhere:

Hello, At the recent British Consulate meeting here in Didim and Akbuk it was announced that you do not have to have a Turkish driving licence now BUT you must have your UK card licence translated and notarised in Turkey and carry this translation with you in your car/wallet. The British Consulate also said that if any insurance company refused to insure you or charge you more because you don't have a Turkish licence then this is wrong according to the Turkish Highway Driving Law (don't know the exact name) and its article 40 section G. For more information I would e-mail the British Consulate for more information.

So if you have a UK card license no matter whether you should or not it would appear that if it is translated then you are OK.

I wonder f they translate the expiry date near the picture

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk 2

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf