Author Topic: BFBS now gone :-(  (Read 5681 times)

Offline Sleuth

BFBS now gone :-(
« on: February 12, 2013, 14:58:30 PM »
Another `blow` to the football fans ex pats out here  :o   me included  :(   After sy sports 1 and 2 gone, and now BFBS  watching football at home ( villa`s and apartments ) unless you have a 5 metre dish satellite football is from today finished , unless you can access BBC  or ITV for the odd matches .. However some bars locally I  am told  may have access to ABU DUBAI  tv network , which I  believe is a legal set up... 1000 tl per year, so hopefully they will still show uk games... I hope so as  I  personally need my `footie fix` whilst out here for 7/8 months a year  : :) if not at my apartment, then the nearest bar  ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: BFBS now gone :-(
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 15:24:03 PM »
Isn't it available on Digiturk anymore Sleuth?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 19:42:39 PM »
Can you  not do in turkey the same as in uk ?? get  free football & other sports lots & lots games on your pc and link it to your tv ???.
I go on line  to FIRST ROW SPORTS web page  select my game /sport  click on the link  and link a cable   to my tv  to watch, there are many sky sports / fox tv and esp channels all with quality viewing  , its all free no sub to pay . make sure you delete all cookies afterwords   ;)

Ron

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:50:37 AM »
Dont think Digiturk ever provided uk football matches keith.  Most people out here seem to complain  about Digiturk`s programmes on offer and many are leaving them.. as `film on` seems a very good alternative for uk tv and its free  :-)  but no sky football .

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:52:01 AM »
Blue clad... I  will take a look at your suggestions    thank you    :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »
I do apologise, I thought you could get premiership matches for an extra subscription on Digiturk. I've never had such a thing myself. I had 'standard' Digiturk before my first Sky box, boy what a disgraceful offering that was.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »
Correct Keith, ive had digiturk for 3 years now, and pay an extra 10 lira per month for barclays premier league matches,sezgin in the digiturk shop opposite migros in Fethiye will help anyone with enquires, speaks good english too.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »
Is the "standard" channel range still dire Des? We used to watch BBC Prime and Cheaters on Reality TV. That was about it.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
not as bad as years ago Keith, bbc entertainment ok lots of repeats of course, but when i was in the uk a few months back they were nearly as bad. the discovery chanels and animal chanels ok too and the national geographic programmes quite good, for soap fans eastenders have just welcomed in the new year, well i think they have as when i was channel hoping im sure i saw phil mitchell smile, i like the sports channels too as you have a good choice, quite enjoyed the tennis, australian open etc, and most have the option of language change with digiturk, have 7 movie channels and some up to date too, even got the disney and cartoon network, nickelodian too for the grandkids when they come over, not that i watch them of course,   ;)  :)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 21:19:45 PM »
Another `blow` to the football fans ex pats out here  :o   me included  :(   After sy sports 1 and 2 gone, and now BFBS  watching football at home ( villa`s and apartments ) unless you have a 5 metre dish satellite football is from today finished , unless you can access BBC  or ITV for the odd matches .. However some bars locally I  am told  may have access to ABU DUBAI  tv network , which I  believe is a legal set up... 1000 tl per year, so hopefully they will still show uk games... I hope so as  I  personally need my `footie fix` whilst out here for 7/8 months a year  :    :) if not at my apartment, then the nearest bar  ;D

i have supplied several and still installing ABU DUBAI  tv network systems the price is in pounds as i pay for the systems this way a system is 400-00Gbp and includes the first year and 250-00 per year there after as the first year includes a dedicated receiver the card is paired to the receiver so you cant card share

These are Official Systems But used out side the the footprint intended

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf