Author Topic: Esnaf treatment charges  (Read 8881 times)

Offline hamilton

Esnaf treatment charges
« on: March 24, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »
We have not joined SGK, but have always 'paid as we go' for treatment at the Esnaf when required, the charges used to be reasonable. We have noticed recently that there has been a substantial increase in the charges. For instance recently I went for treatment for an ingrown toenail, the consultant explained that part of the nail required removing, and the procedure would take approx 10 minutes. One of the reception clerks informed me that the cost would be 1,6000 ytl, astounded, I said that I would think about it. On the way out the clerk caught up with me and said that they could do the op for 1,000 ytl, again I repeated that I would think about it. The consultation cost 65 ytl and I had a 2 hour wait for it.
I went straight to 'Kanguru Chiropody and Beauty Centre', I was seen straight away. Jacqui a qualified chiropodist removed part of the problem ingrown toenal and the charge was 50ytl.

Offline screamlead

Re: Esnaf treatment charges
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »
WOW bargain there then, obviously yabanci pound signs spinning at the esnaf!!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
Disgraceful - the "running after you" is the worst part of this story - sounds like the market seller with a genuine leather bag - sadly though in line with my own thoughts about the Esnaf of today - new building - relationships with other "preferred" hospitals - and someone has to pay for the new building!

I wonder who the easiest targets are?

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:05:55 PM »
Not knowing Calis very well, could someone tell me where this Esnaf hospital is please so that, should I need anything, I can avoid it and look elsewhere.

I was just thinking the same thing, it sounds like a market trader running after you to knock the price down rather than the professional service of a Doctor!  I'm assuming that the Hippocratic Oath is a worldwide requirement.....I don't know!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 12:09:39 PM »
Well it probably isn't Worldwide but it doesn't mention how much you can get away with charging  ;)

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »
Yes, I understand that but you wouldn't expect it from a Doctor would you. I know I'm green about all things Turkey but that's bad. Is it that big hospital?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 12:14:40 PM »
It's not that big one (guessing you mean the one just on the way out of Calis) - it's just up a side road off the sea road into Fethiye (where the 'new' prom is).

Sadly business is business in Turkey and private hospitals generally come into that.

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 12:16:39 PM »
Yes, I know where you mean now, thank you. I'm just not going to get poorly!!  :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
I have just had cataract op at the Esnaf fantastic service, to be fair to the doctors when I asked about the price of laser or cataract surgery he did not have a clue, he asked his secretary to find out, so i don't think the  doctor would have been running after the patient.
Mark

Offline amca

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 13:30:17 PM »
Not knowing Calis very well, could someone tell me where this Esnaf hospital is please so that, should I need anything, I can avoid it and look elsewhere.

It is in Fethiye.
Go along kordon to Bogazici restaurant.
It is across the road.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf