Author Topic: Kayakoy Cultural Connections Festival 2013  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Kayakoy Cultural Connections Festival 2013
« on: April 02, 2013, 19:22:33 PM »
Jane Akatay, who many will know from Land of Lights etc has asked if we can inform members of the above celebration, which she has been working on with Rebecca Keskin (owner of Gunays Garden) - it is a 5 day event incorporating many things - including literature, film, art, music, dance and food…

Jane is very passionate and knowledgeable on all things Kaya and the ladies can be depended upon to put on a great celebration.

Dates are April 27th till 3rd of May so hopefully that is good for a number of CBF members   :)

In order to stop waffling and let you see more details, the very impressive website for the event is http://culturalconnectionsfestival.com/

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Kayakoy Cultural Connections 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 19:41:09 PM »
Mrs KKOB and I will be there to catch the last day.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Kayakoy Cultural Connections Festival 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 19:45:55 PM »
Also one Louis de Bernières will be there - he's almost as famous as you Alan

http://culturalconnectionsfestival.com/portfolio-items/louis-de-bernieres/

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 17:02:25 PM »
I very much doubt it !!   ;)

Offline Donna2202

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »
I'm really looking forward to meeting Victoria Hislop on the Sunday, she's one of my favourite authors and it will be lovely to hear first-hand the research and inspiration behind her books. I've just finished reading The Thread, if you haven't read it then I highly recommend, equally as good as The Island.

Offline Rosy

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 16:38:18 PM »
What a wonderful event today's walk with Louis de Bernier was. Gunay Gardens made their place look very festive and were very welcoming, will certainly be going there again. The talk and walk was excellent. If the next few days are as good then this festival will be a total success. Well done one and all a lot of effort has clearly gone into planning this week.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 16:47:20 PM »
Oh!  Just half way through reading Birds Without Wings.  I'd have loved to have met LdB!  What a fascinating bloke he must be.  Ah well, another time maybe. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »
As part of the festival there is a Spring Fair in Kayaköy today - from 12 onward next to Poseidon...

Offline Rosy

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 06:57:37 AM »
Fair was excellent, the cultural convention has been breathtaking. The whole experience has been so welcoming, enjoyable, authors friendly and mixing with one and all.  The concert at the school was charming  and fun with great performers coming from near and far. Gunnay Gardens provided a wonderful setting, food and hospitality.  Jane and Rebecca managed to run such a smooth and successful event which appeared effortless, which I am so sure was not the case, as events such as this take up time, energy, and cause many sleepless nights to organise. The end result  was spectacular, amazing and something I will cherish forever. If you have not been to this annual convention before, this was my first, I would urge you to make sure you diary it in for next year, you wont regret it. All this, and the school get to gain from the generosity of those attending. This was a feel good factor to end all feel good factors. I would like to say thanks for everyone who made this the success it was. A BIG FAT THANK YOU.

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 00:10:30 AM »
Rosy, I agree with everything you said. Wasn't it just wonderful? We will definitely be there next year.  :)
Well done and thanks to Jane and Rebecca.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf