Author Topic: Anyone changed address on their vehicle log book?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Anyone changed address on their vehicle log book?
« on: May 03, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
Went for my first MOT yesterday to the TUV station out of town - quite painless but book on line as I did and you are checked on time - must have been 40 men in the office at 9.30am all wanting to do a test and 2 of us had booked and we got seen at our booking slot.

I noticed my old address was put on the documents and realised that although we changed our Blue Book - we have not changed the vehicle log - anyone done this and if so could you let me know what you did - hopefully just a trip to the Traffic Polis in Patlangic?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Anyone changed address on their vehicle log book?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »
Ian can't help with your question i'm afraidbut can you please send me a link to book the MOT on line.
Mark

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 09:49:04 AM »
Mark - hi - it was here:

https://reservation.tuvturk.com.tr/Web.UI/Default.aspx

I cribbed it from the Fethiye Times guide:

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/guides/160-how-to-guides/5390-fethiye-times-guide-diy-turkish-vehicle-visa-part-1.html

Read the part 2 as well - it was pretty easy to complete on line - you don't need kimlik number for an M Plate but I put mine in by mistake and it caused no problems.

The only unscripted part was there was no guard to tell you where to go what to do - you just go into the office after parking up and although all the locals were going to a machine in the corner and I think they were doing the same input in the office as I had done on line - they also obtained a ticket number - I decided I couldn't understand the machine so I waited for a quiet spot and went to the window with my printed off - e-mailed to me booking slip - which allows you to pick a "test slot" and he registered me on the system - gave me a ticket with 1000 on it (they were currently at 902!!!) - but at the due time - (after 909) my number came up - I went to the window and paid and that was it - ready to test - which went well and it passed :-)

I think they want to encourage people to book on line so they sort of guarantee your time slot which is well worth it. I also had my bike serviced a couple of days prior to the test and told the garage that it was having it's TUV test and I showed the service slip to the testing mechanic just so that he knew I would be going back to my garage if it failed   ;)

Offline barry44544

Anyone changed address on their vehicle log book?
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »
Hi Ian
Did you have to have the full kit of road safety things with you?
And a visored crash hat?

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 14:54:12 PM »
He did look at my crash helmet and I have got a visor so I was ok - and funnily enough the other scooter / bike riders I saw all had a visor on their helmets now I come to think of it.

You don't need a first aid kit for a bike just for a car.

If you want to borrow a helmet just let me know asa I have one each for me and Gill and a spare and they all have visors so if you need one I am in Calis near the Cafe Pazar - just pm me and I can arrange to drop meet you there.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 06:37:55 AM »
Thanks Ian, I have the visor helmit, it was the first aid kit and other stuff I was worried about.
Thanks again for the offer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf