Author Topic: Midnight music switch off  (Read 9513 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Midnight music switch off
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »
One of the respondents to the trip advisor question 'In ONE word how would you sum up hisaronu?' replied - Simply the Best!   ;)

Maths was obviously not a strong point. :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
I saw that, but if you look now some people are putting quite different words...

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 13:39:40 PM »
All age groups  yes... but if you look around the average age of the visitors seem to be  between 55 to 60   .. a few groups of girls walking around at night but 90% of the rest are visitors in that age group, so who are filling the night clubs at night ???  turkish waiters and local turks seeking out the english girls.. it has to be surely.   I  cant see the 90%  of 55 to 60 year olds  `boogieing on` after midnight  : :)       Just to add.. I  was speaking to a turkish shop owner literally just an hour ago .. who`s 9 month old baby cant sleep at night because of the music volume.... but she then assured me and confirmed that next season , Hisaronu   then becomes part of the fethiye council  !!!  and they really are going to clamp down very heavily on the noise problem !!!   eureka !!!  it might not be a midnight switch off ( the best option) but  at least anything is better than what its like at the moment. Hope the local ` usual suspects` around here get a rude awakening.   by the way ... Jacqui asked me what   my `one word` description of Hisaronu would be ?    Now that we live here for seven and a half months a year     my word would be     HOME    :D

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 14:46:43 PM »
If you live in Calis/Fethiye or other areas around Hisaronu then you know what to expect and can avoid it, unless you are unfortunate to live there.  As for tourists, well the tour operators wont tell you something that would mean them losing a sale. Some love it and some hate it.  Steer clear if you don't like it and go somewhere that suits you better.  Places like this will always encourage the young and foolish, whom are so easily parted from their money.  The bar and nightclub owners in Hisaronu are delighted with their takings and will continue to keep the noise going to ensure that.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 14:52:59 PM »
Ray ... in Icemeler  it works....  all music off at 12 .. everyone happy ... simple ... bring it on here !! :D

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 14:56:11 PM »
Just to add Ray... there are less and less people visiting here now ..particularly this season already .. but it doesnt alter the noise level... the `usual suspects` have the volume on mega loud if only a handful of people in them

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
Its been confirmed !  just  read this locally... Hisaronu`s new  look and sounds  will be totally unrecognisable with its recent past    :)       

Be warned people, the licencing rules that hit Marmaris 6 years ago, are coming to Fethiye area. bars must apply for entertainment licence, each night they want to put something on, even a belly dancer. Bar men must not dance with shirts off, and no fire shows. A restaurant must only serve food and drink (no entertainment). A bar must not serve food. And bingo is banned as it's classed as illegal gambling. And advertising boards must not be on the pavements, Zabita come along with a truck and confiscate them (happened in Ovacik this week). A noise abatement officer will come along with a decibel meter, and any bars with music deemed to loud gets fined. ( we can fart louder than the level they have set !!) All of these rules were enforced in Marmaris, and are now about to start here. You have been warned. x

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 08:38:54 AM »
If this does happen (and I wonder will it) How would it effect Hisaronu?? It seems a lot of people visit there for the night life... i.e. Spend the day at the beach in Oludeniz and then the evenings in Hisaronu.  It may mean you have a lovely quiet town in the future with not so many tourists.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »
less tourists here already Jacqui   ... any quietening down will be an improvement and will be good for H  in the long term.......  14  years ago it was busy  here and no real excessive  boom boom  noise  until `stupid o`clock ` in the morning... I  remember it well  So it can work .

Offline George Warner

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 09:29:18 AM »
Along Koca Calis all of the music seems to have turned off/down at midnight all of this season,even the wedding drummer!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf