Author Topic: Another break in  (Read 10955 times)

Offline burnham

• Newly Registered
Re: Another break in
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 13:58:45 PM »
Was looking forward to my 82nd birthday. got up and found we had been  burgled. No idea how they got in as-we had locked up. They were fussy. They took money,camera and all my notes from Turkish lessons !
Still like it here.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 14:08:41 PM »
Oh no! thats awful! how did they get in? Its a horrible feeling knowing they've been rutting around your stuff as you slept.  >:(  Where exactly is that? BTW hope you still have a happy birthday. Don't let the scumbags spoil it for you.   :)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 18:55:03 PM »
Echoing Lotty's message. Try and have a lovely birthday.

Offline quackers

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 20:44:43 PM »
Hope you had a good birthday despite the breakin. What area of Koca Calis do you live in ?

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 21:34:43 PM »
Im out in my villa at present and yes theres been many burglaries around in the last week or so,but the most disturbing one that my friend told me about was a young child on holiday woke up in the morning and asked her mother who was that man in my room last night they had been burgled terrible,i guess she was woke up by the thief but did not realise that it was a bugler in there villa near cicek.A large white ford pick up truck has been seen around and is under suspicion.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 22:12:12 PM »
I think quite a lot of tourists who are on holiday and renting villas may forget their security.  My neighbour in Calis saw a handbag by the bins.  Had someones belongings in (no money though) and an address in Calis.  The neighbour took it over to the address, there where English people there and they had arrived the day before, gone to bed and not locked the door, they had been robbed and this handbag was part of the items taken.   They said they did not bother to lock the door as they just arrived and where "tired".

Offline burnham

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 07:12:06 AM »
Thanks for your good wishes. We live up near the canal in Ciftlik.
Had a great birthday

Offline Ligsta

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 13:50:30 PM »
Im out in my villa at present and yes theres been many burglaries around in the last week or so,but the most disturbing one that my friend told me about was a young child on holiday woke up in the morning and asked her mother who was that man in my room last night they had been burgled terrible,i guess she was woke up by the thief but did not realise that it was a bugler in there villa near cicek.A large white ford pick up truck has been seen around and is under suspicion.
I think this incident is referring to my experience. On the last morning of our stay near Mavi Kent. My 5yr old daughter woke to see a burglar entering and leaving my bedroom in which i was asleep. She woke her sister in the next bed and their chattering woke me up. We presume this disturbed the burglar and lucky for him he made a sharp exit. All our valuables were well hidden and locked away and he/they got away with some costume jewellery and around 300TL.. My daughter gave a very good description of the msn to the Garda and seems quite unaffected by the experience thank God. They had got in by climbing an outbuilding behind  the villa and forcing open the tiny toilet window.. They are obviously quite brazen to commit this at 6am when its so obvious that we were all in at the time.
This in no way has put us off returning to the area. People just need to be sensible and aware.. As in anywhere across the world.
Regards Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf