Author Topic: Heaving in Hisaronu  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Sleuth

Heaving in Hisaronu
« on: August 19, 2013, 18:17:42 PM »
Word has it that Hisaronu is `choc o bloc`  with english and turkish tourists, at the moment , and a friend of ours said there were queues outside popular restaurants... Bar street heaving with people... and scenes not seen out there in the last 8/10 years .. is this true ????   I know its peak season right now but last August was very quiet foruden inlux August . If its true its the 3 tl to the £   thats caused this sudden influx...plus late deals  ???    is Olu Deniz   and   Calis  the same ??

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Heaving in Hisaronu
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 18:30:23 PM »
Yes Sleuth it is very busy. The Turks have said that a lot of it is down to them extending Byram. I have not seen it this busy for a number of years.
Castello is about double the size it was last year and you still have to queue for a table if you don't book.
we went to Olu in the day last Monday and the dolmus driver advised us to get off and walk once he was down the hill because he estimated it would take about 20 mins to get through the traffic.
It is also a bit quieter as a couple of bars have been fined for excessive noise.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 18:55:45 PM »
"Turkish and English tourists", no Scots, Irish, Welsh, just an English crowd of tourists from U.K? Oh well, as long as that is remembered when it "all kicks off" !!  >:(

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 19:53:37 PM »
Apologies Gordon  :-)    you are correct .. there are lots of scottish in the area   :-)  and Welsh and Irish :-)     but reading Beuva`s post  above  reckon its mostly turkish  though.. ( car congestion entering Olu   etc  )   and why not, it is their country after all   :-)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 06:54:50 AM »
Went for a stroll along the prom last night in Calis. Really buzzing, every restaurant was busy.
Have noticed this year that there are a lot of younger people.
I wonder if its the now grown up children of the 'originals' showing their partners and friends where they used to spend their holidays?
Lots of young Turkish families too, lovely to see toddlers running around and babies in buggies wanting to say hello to our dog.
I reckon it's been at least 30% Turkish people this year, and not only at Bayram,  has been the same all summer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf