Author Topic: Natural Gas for Fethiye  (Read 3897 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Natural Gas for Fethiye
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:44:25 AM »
According to a local newspaper, the natural gas pipeline has now reached Mugla and there is a consultation taking place on whether to bring it through to Fethiye. The fly in the ointment appears to be that 60% of the current electricity accounts need to express an interest in having natural gas and pay in advance a 335tl fee to have your property connected, this fee will be refunded if the project fails to happen. I would love to have natural gas but I seriously doubt whether another 31,989 people will join me and pay the deposit. I was really surprised that the deadline to subscribe was 29/10/2013. I would have thought this would have been more widely publicised.

Even though it will mean that all of the roads will need to be dug up yet again, it would be a great shame to loose this opportunity to further enhance the infrastructure of our small corner of Turkey.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: Natural Gas for Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »
That does seem a very short response period or a serious fail in publicity!

If I was there I would join you......do hope that others will.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 13:08:53 PM »
I can see the posts on FB now.. Anyone's gas off today? :-)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 15:39:45 PM »
What's the current price, or savings, between the natural gas and other available energy types in Fethiye?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 15:45:42 PM »
I can see the posts on FB now.. Anyone's gas off today? :-)
Where I stay in Istanbul was changed to dogal gas a few years ago and rarely is it off - in fact, I cant remember it ever happening.  Nice to just turn the thermostat up a bit in January when its -5c outside.

JF

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 16:09:35 PM »
What's the current price, or savings, between the natural gas and other available energy types in Fethiye?

It's not possible to say as we don't have any gas mains here, but I can almost guarantee that the price per KW of natural gas will be a lot lower than bottled gas.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 16:14:26 PM »
How often was your water, electric and internet off?  It was a  nightmare for us in Fethiye.. We had dozens of power cuts..just curious if its just this area that has problems with a internet and water supplies John..

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 16:53:12 PM »
How often was your water, electric and internet off? 
Internet - rarely.
Water - all the phuking time in Ortakoy but not so much now moved to Sisli
Electricity - ditto

The utilities infrastructure in Fethiye is the issue - too big a growth of population in a short space of time coupled with a lack of foresight on the part of the utility companies.  As the gas supply will be new, it wont suffer the legacy issues other utility suppliers have to contend with.  At least that's the way it should work!

JF

Offline tonysue

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 17:29:47 PM »
I have had the same gas bottle for nigh on 2 years now so fair to say I am not a big consumer. The properties are not equipped to utilise gas so would need extensive alterations which I assume would be costly and I would be very concerned from a safety aspect, both by the installation by trades and your average end user. Add to that the fact that temperatures in this region are not as low as Istanbul, and there are not that many days in a year heating is required, I really dont see that it would be a big loss if it didnt arrive in Fethiye anytime soon.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 17:39:54 PM »
 As I read,its 355 Tl to bring it to Fethiye,how much and how long to supply it to each building? Will those who didn't subscribe also be supplied if it ever happened?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf