Author Topic: The REAL nelson Mandela  (Read 12599 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: The REAL nelson Mandela
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 18:54:28 PM »
And Richard Branston.

No, he's already in a bit of a pickle.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 23:12:59 PM »
Well Richard Branson worked with Nelson Mandela. Did Gerry Adams?

I would not doubt it for a minute...
It has been well documented about the connections between the IRA and the ANC.    In fact, just google Mandela and the IRA to see Adams, Guinness and Mandela photographed together.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 06:49:31 AM »
Has Mandela been buried yet, ive refused to watch any news for the last week as I was sick of it on every channel showing what he had done after his release from prison, nothing shown of course why he was imprisoned. >:(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
Yes Des, it's safe to watch T.V, again. It's now a Mandela free area.    ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2013, 09:29:55 AM »
Thanks Jacqui, We can get back to some normality now. Hope you like the new Avatar, that should please a few people I bet.  ;)  :)

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2013, 15:10:41 PM »
It is a pity that woman has been dragged into a thread on a great political leader and I regret having responded to it, even though my post was relevant to the subject.
Look this realllly has to Stop Colwyn, makineg me agree with you, at this rate I will have to offer to buy you a drink  :) and that will mean me driving my lawnmower all the way fro Manchester to Bristol and the bloody environmentalists will go beresk!  :(

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2013, 15:13:30 PM »
Well Richard Branson worked with Nelson Mandela. Did Gerry Adams?

I would not doubt it for a minute...
It has been well documented about the connections between the IRA and the ANC.    In fact, just google Mandela and the IRA to see Adams, Guinness and Mandela photographed together.
Just google the British Government and Saddam Hussein -- and the Shah of Iran, and others --- omg I think I would rather have some of the IRA I have met! and some definitely not, terrible table manners in a few cases  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2013, 16:35:07 PM »
Two wrongs don't make a right and no one is staying the British Governments did not make mistakes either.  As for the IRA and you preference for them, tell that to the relatives of the innocence men women and children who where murdered by them.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2013, 16:51:03 PM »
JH
It is a pity you seem to have learned nothing from Mandela's example after he was released from prison. His road was towards truth and reconcilation; not blame and apology. Your statement about relatives and deaths invites the response from "the other side" about the relatives of those who were murdered by the British Army, the Royal Ulster Constabulary and the Loyalist militias. I would say exactly the same about Loz's post that wondered if Adams and McGuinness had said sorry, but not if their equivalents on the "the other side" had made their apologies.

Mandela's greatness lay in his rejection of this language of "the other side". When a civil war grinds, reluctantly, to an end these past enmities will not be forgotten but they must be put aside. Or what would you prefer? Continuing the enmity, decrying those on "the other side", bringing out the guns and bombs again, and continuing the deaths?

Offline peter16

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2013, 16:59:36 PM »
A good reply Colwyn, well said...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf