Author Topic: Conveyancing solicitor  (Read 1663 times)

Offline tillyfloss

Conveyancing solicitor
« on: March 25, 2014, 20:18:26 PM »
Hi

Can anyone recommend a reliable and experienced conveyancing solicitor and also a legit building surveyor? 

Many thanks

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Conveyancing solicitor
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 21:59:10 PM »
I think , no, re-phrase that, I KNOW that if you pay a visit to ANY "solicitor", or "Avukat", as they are known in Turkey, each and every one will claim to be a "conveyancing solicitor" !! In the 6 years that we lived in the Fethiye area, I can honestly put my hand on my heart, and swear that I never once came across, or even heard of a "Legitimate Building Surveyor" either.

Obviously, you seem to be intending to purchase a property in the Fethiye area, and personally, I would go no further than Interturk Estate Agency, www.interturkestate.com. The owner, Cenk Avci, and his wife Olga, have been operating this extremely successful business for many years , with a great deal of very contented clients, most of whom, I would add, have become friends with Cenk and Olga, due mostly to the attention to detail, diligence, and above all, the honesty which they apply to their work.
Wishing you luck in your search .  :D 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 22:06:58 PM »
Furthermore, in the absence of a system involving building surveyors, Cenk is by profession a structural engineer and refuses to sell any "rubbish". Which is a bit of a change from many who refuse to sell nothing!!!

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 22:16:20 PM »
There you go. Those are the best, and only answers you need to hear.  ;)

Offline tillyfloss

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 16:40:41 PM »
Many thanks for that.  I don't have much faith in some of the solicitors we have been in contact with.  Like getting blood out of a stone! 
We are going down the route of selling privately and need to get as much info as possible for it to go smoothly. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf