Author Topic: HSBC in Fethiye  (Read 21552 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
HSBC in Fethiye
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
Have been told our account at HSBC in Fethiye is now up and running - delay caused by UK inefficiencies and not Turkish, I should point out - and we can go collect our ATM cards etc from the branch when we are there the week after next.
(They were going to post them to the UK, apparently, but given that it's only a month until we move for good, I wouldn't trust them to arrive in time!)

Anyway - I've never actually been inside the branch. Can anyone tell me if there's a specific place we should go inside for such things or to speak to someone in English etc?

TIA.   :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: HSBC in Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
The Premier team can be found on the first floor, both speak English  Walk in main door and carry on through the banking hall to stairs at back wall on the right.

Offline The Gimp Master

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 14:33:35 PM »
ah so the hsbc fethiye account is linked to the uk...i prefer my money to stay invisible to the uk. But hsbc is great for withdrawing sterling...no charges whatsoever then off to my bank to do the exchange.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 15:13:52 PM »
Brilliant, thanks.
I can walk in and look like I know what I'm doing now.
First time for everything!  ;D

Offline scorcher

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 15:51:58 PM »
HMRC is now happy to know that Mr M.D.Burns is tucking away his monies from those who might be interested.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 16:32:02 PM »
ah so the hsbc fethiye account is linked to the uk...i prefer my money to stay invisible to the uk. But hsbc is great for withdrawing sterling...no charges whatsoever then off to my bank to do the exchange.

unless it has been changed I was told by HSBC both in Turkey and UK it is not possible for them to access info from the other. Turkey is still not signed up for Global viewing so I am still unable to look at both accounts via my UK one or vice versa.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 19:43:47 PM »
The uk and turkish accounts are completely different. It may be that the HSBC in Fethiye have set up a sterling account and a lira account both held in Turkey.
You can then transfer to either account from the uk.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 19:58:15 PM »
HSBC UK and HSBC Turkey are entirely separate entities. HSBC Turkey is a franchise of HSBC Holdings plc.

Offline The Gimp Master

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 16:05:35 PM »
HMRC is now happy to know that Mr M.D.Burns is tucking away his monies from those who might be interested.
For your info scorcher and anyone else who thinks what i am doing is tax avoidance.
I brought over roughly £ xxxx  through customs which is totally legal.
Hmrc are aware that i own property.

If one pays tax on their savings in the uk then brings there money out of the uk to invest in turkey where one pays tax where is the problem.
I am not hiding money, i am not a drug lord or arms dealer, a starbucks franchise owner ect.
I am simply not giving hmrc the satisfaction of being able to follow what i do because legaly they have no right.

But ! It seems that you "SCORCHER " who is faceless , nameless and hides behind an avatar is a representative of H.M.R.C (her majesty"s revenue and customs)

So, people, beware that there are british government operatives on this forum who see fit to watch your every word.

I have invited scorcher to meet me face to face but he has yet to reply....

I am now going to report you to a moderator for these reasons as stated in the forum rules .
" Members who post antagonistic or sensationalist posts purely for the sake of promoting bad feeling or reaction will suffer a similar fate."

I repeat " SCORCHER " If you would like to discuss this matter face to face with me then you will find me at vals bar.
My name is Michael Delamere Burns

Have a nice day !
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 21:18:42 PM by The Gimp Master »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 21:41:50 PM »
Well there is an over reaction if ever I saw one to a post that I interpreted as tongue in cheek humour.

And I will thank you Michael Delamere Burns - also hiding behind an avatar - not to send me personal messages - if you have something to say to me say it in public.

The only sad person here is you! If you don't want people commenting about you, best not to share on a public forum.

Good luck reporting that to the moderators!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf