Author Topic: Applying for a UK passport from Turkey  (Read 2184 times)

Offline snowtop

Applying for a UK passport from Turkey
« on: July 07, 2014, 21:03:45 PM »
I have downloaded the forms and on the form it asks for an address.   
I want my passport to be sent to a UK address and the person will bring it out here with them.
What address do I put on the form?  my UK or my Turkish address?  I am resident in Calis

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Applying for a UK passport from Turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 17:42:31 PM »
Hi, I did ours in May from here. I wasn't able to "download" the forms, they had to be done online. They are still in the UK passport office backlog and I'm chasing them now.

If you want to "pretend" you live in the UK then you should use the UK address, however I seem to remember them asking for a proof of address in the form of an official letter to you at the address you are using. But maybe that is only for overseas applications. If you want them sent to an alternative address you have to give a reason.

Also be aware that you will have a big problem if your passports aren't returned to your friends UK address before they are due to come over to Turkey.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.

We are having nervous breakdowns at the moment hoping ours come back before our RP's run out. 

Offline snowtop

Re: Applying for a UK passport from Turkey
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 21:52:13 PM »
Our passports are going to UK by friend on Saturday.
I phoned the passport office in UK and they told me to put my Turkish address on the form and include a covering letter stating that it was being taken to UK for posting and that I wanted it to go to the contact address on the back of the passport and that my daughter will bring it back out in 2 months.  She is not coming till October, but I wasn't telling them that.
My main worry was that if I had pretended I was in UK and some over efficient person spotted I had not got a turkey exit stamp it could have caused serious complications affecting my residency renewal.
I  will just keep my fingers crossed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf