Author Topic: cushion covers  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
cushion covers
« on: July 30, 2014, 20:17:25 PM »
Hi, I have been given a roll of good quality upholstry fabric and would like to replace all the cushion  covers on my chairs  and have them all matching with the ones on my dining chairs on the terrace. (24 in all) I am up in Ovacik, has any one had any made recently that they could recommend a good seamstress. I have got a huge length of flanges (rope edging for around the edge) that I would like on the covers and these are not easy to insert. Any help please. Would be prepared to travel to Fethiye if need be.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: cushion covers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 23:13:18 PM »
There is a good place on the road into Fethiye.. Small shop but she is great.. Coming down from Ovacik... Drive down past the cemetery on your left just before the trampolines. Carry on past BIM on your right.. Past the bakery.. Opposite the traffic lights there is a small shop with cushions outside...drive through the lights and park up before the prison.. The man next door speaks perfect English.. He will tell them exactly what you need doing...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:01:06 AM »
Try the Dressmaker's in Calis.  She makes and alters clothing so I am sure she could make up some cushion covers and she is really reasonable priced for the work she does.  I have used her a number of times and have always been pleased.
Walking up from the prom on the Main Street, turn right at the lights and walk along the road, there you will see mannequins outside with dresses on them, just go down the flight of stair to the shop.

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 14:34:39 PM »
There is a lady who runs a curtain/cushion making business in Ovacik that we have used, and have been very pleased with.  She also speaks very good English.
Her shop is on the left hand side, going towards Hisaronu from Ovacik, just before the roundabout that is the border between the two villages.  It is next door to a Barbers shop.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 15:02:25 PM »
I used the above place because it was recommended by Turkish people and much cheaper than some others./ I bought my old covers from our conservatory... She made up the new ones at a fraction of what it would have cost in the UK and with matching cushion covers...

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 17:35:26 PM »
Thank you all so much for your replies, I am sure I will get sorted out from the list you have given me. Well done.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf