Author Topic: I've decided to buy a car !  (Read 8500 times)

Offline Susiepink

I've decided to buy a car !
« on: August 06, 2014, 17:15:15 PM »
I have been looking for a while and it seems apparent that for £5000 or £6000, forgive me for talking in pounds, I can only get a banger, that I would probably get for under a grand back in UK. That leads me to have a look at new ones. Has anybody any ideas, recommendations or experience of purchasing a new car here in Turkey? What should I expect to pay for a small economical runaround ? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: I've decided to buy a car !
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 17:56:01 PM »
We have a new Citroen which we are happy with, the guy speaks very good English have a word with liz101 she has the small Citroen looks like a good little run around. We have many friends who have purchased from the Citroen garage no problems. Anew Nemo would be about 40,000tl

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 18:06:47 PM »
Suzie if you can afford it, I think I'd go for a new one, if old bangers fetch a good amount, logically it must indicate that a new car will hold it's value and you should get a good price IF you ever want to sell it.  ;)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 18:11:18 PM »
Yes, unfortunately new cars and second hand are expensive here. We bought new in Dec 2008, got a 2009 model Suzuki Swift, 1.3 which at the time (exchange rate about 2.5 TL/£) cost us 23,500 TL. We had to go to Denizli to fetch it. Would have cost at least £2K less in the UK. We were offered 20K TL when it was 5 years old so they do hold their value better as well.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 18:38:17 PM »
It would indeed be sensible to consider a new or nearly new car with a long term view on residual value. If as you say you are looking for a run around I would advise that diesels are now not suited to short runs. As others have mentioned, Citroen / Peugeot have a good range of small petrol driven models. Check out at the time of purchase what service menus are on offer. Happy shopping !

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 20:27:46 PM »
We've just purchased a Renault Clio Joy 1.2 costing 38800TL including plates and 6 months road tax. It's a very stylish car including MP3 connectivity, Air Con etc. Good Customer service from Renault dealer opposite Kipa ask for Demir or Sinem

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 05:33:38 AM »
Thanks for these replies, very helpful. So, I can buy an old banger for about 18000tl, or a brand now car for around double that, give or take. It's a no brainer really, I shall try and get myself around the dealerships in the next few days. When I go into the dealership is the price the price, or do I need my bartering head on ? (I hate bartering, I would much rather be told a price and that's it!)

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 05:38:50 AM »
We bought our car wıth a bank loan .The loan was paıd back over 2 years wıth our ınterest so we kept our capıtal.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
Susiepink, when we bought ours we got 1,500TL knocked off plus they fitted rear sensors as an extra gift. It was our Turkish neighbour who advised us to buy at the end of the year as they are keen to make their sales figures, so are willing to negotiate a bit.
Our neighbour also came to Denizli with us on the bus and drove the car back for us.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 22:03:06 PM »
I bought my Citroen C1 new in December 2011. Before I left home, I printed the list price from the Turkish Citroen website. The Sales Manager, Hamdi, as said speaks very good English & is actually the owner's son. The price he gave me was almost 3,000tl less than the list price, so no place to go on the negotiation front. It's great around the area & does get a few longer outings, but is a little under powered when it has a full load on steepish hills. Other than that (touch wood) it hasn't been a scrap of trouble

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf