Author Topic: Buying Property  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Buying Property
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:55:33 AM »
Can anyone tell me how far it is to walk into Calis center from the Calis market area as we looked at a property there but seemed far out
as we were travelling by car. Also can anyone recommend a nice area within maybe 10mins walking distance to the prom and center?
We stayed at the Tugay hotel in Aug and all this area and across the canal bridge seemed quite nice. Would be nice to hear 1st hand from people who live in these areas.  :-\

Offline yabanci

Re: Buying Property
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:11:33 AM »
About a 20 minute walk from the market area into Calis.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »
This area near the market can be very noisy and very busy on a from Saturday evening to Sunday evening.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »
Thanks 20mins is quite far in the heat! Noisy ok if just wkend as long as not all week :o

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:47:11 AM »
We live 500 yds from the market towards Harman Hotel / Beach and we wouldn't know there was a Sunday Market other than a few more people walking past the front gate and remember the choice of shops and eateries around here save you lots of time traveling in the heat :-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »
I had a customer who insisted on walking back to the office in the main street down to the bridge, from a property behind the market road.

11 minutes  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »
Depends on what speed you walk at. The average walking speed is reckoned to be 3.1 mph. So, in 20 minutes you're covering about a mile. Now, ambling, that's a different speed altogether.

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 13:02:53 PM »
Noisy? Sunday market? NO NO No.Dont know where you stay Jaquie but its not near here.
We dont hear a thing even midday sunday. As the crow flies we are about 200 metres from handbag stall. We get maybe 10 people walking passsed us on Sunday and 4 other days. You can hear a pin drop its so quiet.......

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 15:16:57 PM »
This area near the market can be very noisy and very busy on a from Saturday evening to Sunday evening.

Sorry Jaquii but you are totally wrong with your comments, for someone who has a place nowhere near the market,how can you say its noisy at these times? It really annoys me and everyone else that have properties in this area when people say these things. You'll be saying next that this area is full of gipsies and drug dealers. You can't go wrong in this area, it has all the shops you need on your doorstep as well as the market. We also have a local bakery that produce the best bread you can get as well as several local QUIET bars. If your looking for an apartment in this area I strongly recommend you go for it, you won't regret it

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 15:23:58 PM »
Ooops Chris35 with comments like that I feel that a beheading is on the cards   ;)   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf