Author Topic: oykun hotel  (Read 5472 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: oykun hotel
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 22:19:01 PM »
Hi Scott and Lisa...........I've played the green at the Oykun many times. It's flat green bowling on carpet base whereas the green opposite the Tugay mentioned by Jacqui is a natural grass crown green.

The Oykun green is open to visitors as well as guests and the price per person earlier this year was 15TL for 90 minutes. All bowls and equipment are at Reception.

The crown green near Tugay is owned by a group of ex pats who are very welcoming and they will let you join in their regular afternoon games for 15TL - time unlimited and they will lend you their bowls if you wish without charge.

I stayed at the Tugay hotel in June and booked through Sunshine Holidays/Jewel in the Crown receiving a very good discount.  Rooms are basic but cleaned every day with regular linen changes.  Breakfast is Turkish style and they also provide snacks and lunches if required.  Family owned and serviced, Ilkay and his wife Cidgem are helped by Lela and other helpers.  It's situated about 10 minutes away from the prom.  The Amber pide across from Tugay and adjacent to the bowling green provides very good snacks and meals during the day and evening.

Enjoy your holiday and happy bowling (whichever style you choose!).

I think that answers the question perfectly Dennis. Trust a leyther to have all the info on "Bowws"  ;D ;D

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 15:35:10 PM »
 Thanks Chris........hope all is well.  We should have a game of "bowws" sometime.   ;D 8)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 18:17:31 PM »
The way my golf game is at present I am seriously thinking of taking it up Dennis.  ;)  ;)

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 09:17:07 AM »
Thanks everyone thats really helpful, just deciding when to tell Lisa that there is a green there! i might leave it as a surprise! she probably thinks Turkey is the one place that im not going to disappear for a few hours

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf