Author Topic: The new sundial  (Read 5828 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
The new sundial
« on: May 16, 2015, 15:49:57 PM »
Dear oh dear what has happened to this lovely venue all right i never rated the food it was average ,went there for lunch today ,ended up with lentil soup 9tl ok ,where shall i start  food good menu way over priced beef chop i think a thick T.Bone 90tl  other steaks 55tl sea bass 38tl mixed grill 85tl ? most starters 12/25tl
and wait for it trad  fish and chips with home made tartare sauce  32.50 tl yes 32.50 tl they aveing a larf or wot .tuborg 12tl efes 10tl bott moet 600 tl bott angora white 55 tl dikman  red house wine 45tl yuk .fresh orange juice 10tl.they have a nice seating area above the old restaurant no sun shades lots tables and chairs ,no bar or waiters up there  ,looked like you had to come down order your drink and they bring it up to you .rest/bar downstairs bigger than it was before ,big glass doors ,and you wont believe this but no tables and chairs outside anymore 8 sunbeds shades with small table on it big enough for two cup and saucers .on the path from the steps they have 4 /5 wooden benches no cushions on them if you want to look at the view,yusef  from mandalin now works there how long for i dont know ,another one off my list ,almost forgot still charging 5tl p.p for hot tub .

Offline kawasakikid

Re: The new sundial
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 16:37:42 PM »
What a disappointment! I was hoping for big things from the new owner- somewhere special to impress our visitors.

The new owners will have to get their act together otherwise it will be curtains for them if the above post is anything to go by.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 08:42:39 AM »
Sad to hear that....  loved that place as it was before   :-(     I get very disappointed  and disillusioned  with many of the changes and so called  `improvements`  over the years... slowly slowly  there`s many of what I  called  the nice things about  Olu Deniz,  Hisaronu,  Fethiye...Calis..... ( not just Restaurants  )  are disappearing   for ever   :-(

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:08:00 AM »
Sleuth I was just thinking that to myself the other day! Been going to the area since the 80's and absolutely loved it. But feel exactly the same as you now

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:18:02 AM »
We were going to go there on Tuesday to celebrate our anniversary, won't be doing it now at those prices. I really don't mind paying a bit extra for great quality but some of those prices seem to be simply over the top. I've seen the view from the sundial a thousand times and to be honest, there are now so many great restaurants serving fantastic food at reasonable prices, we are spoilt for choice.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »
Same here, I'll happily pay more for a great setting, good food or service - and I think like you I can take or leave - I am as happy in a higher end Mancero type establishment as I am in Frank Cannons. I get the impression they see the exchange rate and whack prices up to make more (in sterling). Strange how they don't reduce the lira prices on the menus when the pound is weak.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:54:34 AM »
Sleuth I was just thinking that to myself the other day! Been going to the area since the 80's and absolutely loved it. But feel exactly the same as you now

Must be something going around on here, as I feel the same and other long term Calis lovers I speak with are feeling the love start to wane. I feel a new topic coming on...

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:55:25 AM »
had a superb ribeye steak at Mancero's last night, we were surprised to see the prices have not gone up from last year. (maybe waiting for new menu's to be printed)

Offline Jasonorris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 08:45:02 AM »
Very disappointing,  but can anyone confirm whether they bring out tables in the evening so you don't need to sit in the covered area? Also had anyone eaten there in the evening and can comment on the quality of food?

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
Very disappointing,  but can anyone confirm whether they bring out tables in the evening so you don't need to sit in the covered area? Also had anyone eaten there in the evening and can comment on the quality of food?
You can sit on the new upstairs terrace look on there facebook page.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf