Author Topic: Ovacik address  (Read 11932 times)

Offline Steve H

• Newly Registered
Ovacik address
« on: May 22, 2015, 22:52:43 PM »
Hi all,
I've just signed up to this forum through a recommendation from someone at the Fethiye Tourist Information Office. I had originally e-mailed them and asked for help in trying to find out if an address my family have been given for a villa rental is in fact a legitimate address. We have paid a deposit and will shortly have to pay the balance but are reluctant to do so at present because we have been given an address which, firstly, Google Maps does not recognise and secondly the person at FTI says doesn't make any sense. Therefore he suggested that I join the forum and throw it out to you guys.

Not sure if I would be allowed to give the address out on this forum but if anyone has any knowledge of the Ovacik area, that would be very useful. If someone can put our minds at rest by suggesting how we find out for certain then I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Steve

Offline Dutchie

Re: Ovacik address
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 01:04:19 AM »
You can send me a pm and I will take a look. I'm quite familiar with Ovacik.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 06:25:52 AM »
Hi Steve H - you've come to the right place for local knowledge etc.    How did you hear of the villa you're renting - private ad or somewhere like Holiday Lettings / Owners Direct?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 07:40:23 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Stevie. It may surprise you to know that lots of companies in the U.K. are advertising a Hotel (and taking bookings) in Koca Calis, that has not even been built yet.  So, glad you are checking this villa out. Good luck.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 08:03:23 AM »
One of the presenters on GMB has just been scammed for a villa he "booked"with the owner via Tripadvisor. Seems the email of the villa's owner had been hacked. It's cost him & his friends £3,500 & they have little to no hope of recovering the money. Probably the best advice he gave was to get a land line no for the owner, call it & ask questions about the locality ie things like how far to the nearest shop / restaurant/ bar etc

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
Do you have more inf re the villa such as a photo and is it on any web sites that can be checked and might have reviews?

Offline Steve H

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 09:09:40 AM »
Morning all,

Thanks for your replies.

Basically, we found the villa via Owners Direct while searching a few months ago. We liked this particular villa, sent an enquiry, had a response from the owner, confirmed the price, asked some more questions about the villa, even spoke to him when he was back in the UK, paid the deposit via bank transfer and have had a couple of e-mail exchanges since.

On the Owners Direct website the villa has just one review (sometimes there are no reviews on certain villas but that doesn't mean it's dodgy). We have been told the name of the villa and have checked the internet but there are no other reviews that we can find on Trip Advisor etc

Everything seemed quite normal, as we have booked our villa holidays in the same manner for a few years now, until I asked him for the address in order for me to view Google Earth and get an idea of where we were going on our holidays etc.. (all normal stuff to me or am I just a geek?...  lol)
His initial response was that he didn't know the address but the nearest landmark is the Poseidon Hotel. When I asked him again he eventulally came back with the address which I referred to in my first post.

I do understand that Turkish addresses are somewhat vague at times and maybe I'm a little paranoid about the whole thing ....but!

Cheers,
Steve

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »
I can't see any harm in posting the owners direct reference for people to look at this villa - it may then be recognised by someone on here.
I always check places out via google earth so if that makes us both geeks, so be it   ;) ;D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »
Post the link and the address.

Offline Steve H

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
Hi all,

Here's the link (hope I've done it right - not an expert with computer technology).

Please bear in mind that if this turns out to be completely legitimate and someone out there knows the owner, then I will of course feel very relieved but at the same time very embarassed that I've doubted him.

Hope you all understand.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8110905

The address given is :

Oludeniz MH15
No. 11
Kat 1DR
Fethiye.

Cheers,
Steve

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf