Author Topic: Refugees found dead in truck  (Read 11686 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Refugees found dead in truck
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 17:18:34 PM »
The " Nimby" squad are up in arms again! But hey, let's just wait until WE, the TRUE Brit, become the minority in our own country, whether that be ethnic, religious, cultural or otherwise !! I stand by what I say, and Colwyn, I AM a Member if the U.K.I.P. party, not paranoid, and definitely NOT a nutter , thank you very much !!!!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 17:21:15 PM »
I was aware of you being the first. I haven't made up my mind yet about the second and third.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 19:00:01 PM »
Couldn't agree more John... If Blair and Bush hadn't stuck their oars in under false pretences these problems would be half of what they are now...

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 20:47:58 PM »
I was aware of you being the first. I haven't made up my mind yet about the second and third.

So strange how ones perception of a person can be totally changed by one stupid remark from that person. Goodbye Colwyn .

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 23:43:54 PM »
And just exactly what and who is a "true Brit"? Most people only need to go back a generation or two to discover their ancestors aren't British born! And if you want to take it back further then the true Brits are in fact the Welsh after Celtic Britain underwent a form of ethnic cleansing by Anglo-Saxons invaders following the Roman withdrawal in the fifth century.

Oh, and isn't this a topic about the countless and tragic deaths of refugee men, women and children who were only doing what anyone of us would do in the same situation and the heartless reaction to this sad state of affairs on social media!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »
I agree Nichola. Time to stop viewing these human beings as an inconvenience.
There by the grace of God and all that.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 09:06:19 AM »
I feel so sorry for these desperate people have been taken advantage of by evil people traffickers.   It is a terrible situation the way these migrants are suffering and dying when all they want is a better life for themselves and their families. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
I can't imagine a more awful way to die, and watching everyone around you dying and knowing you will soon join them. But I do wonder if news of this gets back to the areas they are fleeing. I do realise they are desperate to leave and desperate people will take huge risks - but just maybe if they heard how many people are dying in trucks or drowning it might make them think twice.

If they all believe that everyone who raises a King's ransom to get on one of these journeys ends up in UK or Germany and is now enjoying a wonderful life, they won't be thinking twice about trying to join them.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 18:15:26 PM »
The lines are becoming blurred for many people evident by the unsympathetic attitude shown by some.
The tragedies in those links are not showing "economic migrants" to be considered someone else's problem and ignored.  They are suffering in an un-imagineable way and of course they are OUR problem.  Ordinary men, women and children in desperate need of help. It doesn't matter why, who, what caused it - they are people just like you and me.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 17:29:05 PM »
Well lucky us eh, Gordon?
We're alright, Jack/Jacques/Joseph/Yusef so go back to the shattered land WE created for you and dig some more of your babies out of the rubble.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf